Cheesy Chicken Chaat
- 150 gms boneless chicken
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tsp paprika powder / cayyene powder / red chilly powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil /oil
- 1 tsp tandoori masala
- 10-12 small chaat basket / canopes ( store brought or home made )
- pinch red food colour ( optional)
- 1/2 -3/4 cup cheese grated
1. Wash, clean and chop chicken boneless into small pieces and marinate with
ginger garlic , yogurt , paprika powder / cayenne powder / red chilly powder, lemon juice , salt , garam masala powder , tandoori masala, olive oil /oil and pinch red food colour for about 3-4 hours . ( I usually prefer marinating my chicken chunks overnight )
2. Heat heavy bottom pan , add 1 tbsp oil followed by marinated chicken and fry on medium flame for about 5- 6 minutes , flip the chicken and fry for more 3-4 minutes or until the chicken dries up (make sure you keep some thick gravy ), adjust salt and other seasonings. Off the gas . Side by side heat a coal until red , place this hot coal in between chicken pieces , and pour 1 tbsp oil / clarified butter . Cover the pan immediately to get smokey taste.
3. Take small chaat basket ( home made or store brought ) add 1-2 tbsp chicken to it , top it with loads of cheese and bake in pre heat oven until the cheese melts . ( You can even fill the mixture in canapes too )
4. Serve cheesy chicken chaat with any kind of mayo dip or sauces / chutneys .
You can add veggies of your choice too like capsicum finely chopped in chicken chaat, add at the time when you fry the chicken pieces in pan. Just about say few seconds left to off the gas . ( In this way the capsicum will be crunchy )
PREPARATION TIME : 10 -15 Minutes.
COOKING TIME : 20 Minutes and extra time .
TOTAL TIME : 30-35 Minutes and extra time .
SERVES : 3-4 Persons .