Chicken Chinese Samosa
Chicken Chinese Samosa / Chicken Chinese Samosa squares are delicious and tempting appetizer served with chutneys or your choice of sauce. I have made the wraps at home and changed the shape and have named these chicken chinese samosas to Chicken Chinese samosa squares, but if you want you can add the same filling into our regular samosa pattis and serve with chutneys or sauces. Here is my recipe of Chicken Chinese Samosa / Chicken Chinese Samosa squares.
100 gms boneless chicken
1 cup carrots chopped finely into thin strips
1 cup cabbage chopped finely into thin strips
1 cup green capsicum chopped finely into thin strips
1/2 cup french beans
4 – 5 cloves of garlic crushed
2 green chilies crushed
2 tbsp soya sauce
1 tsp vinegar
1/2 cup or more boiled hakka noodles
1 tsp red chili sauce
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp black pepper
1 -2 tsp Corn flour diluted in half cup of water
2 tbsp Flour (wheat flour) to make paste
150 gms all purpose flour (maida)
Water required to knead into dough
5-6 tbsp ghee/oil
- Wash chicken , clean and cook with salt, water and ginger garlic paste till its completely done, remove from flame , cool and shred it , keep aside .
- Knead the flour ( maida) with salt and ghee /oil , now add desired water and knead again into semi soft dough, keep aside by covering it with wet cloth over it .
- In a pan heat 2 tbsp oil add crushed garlic and green chilies , saute for a while now add french beans and fry for sometime till its partially cooked , now add all the other vegetables and saute for a minute by adding salt , pepper , soya sauce , boiled hakka noodles, vinegar, red chili sauce , red chili powder and shredded chicken.
- Add cornflour diluted in water and cook on high flame until the gravy thickens , adjust the sauces , salt , pepper and other spices . Remove from fire and keep aside.
- Now take the dough and roll into 5 ” rotis , ( not too thick nor too thin ).
- Chop of the edges with the help of knife and make a square .
- Place the chicken mixture in middle of the wraps and now pick each edge, one by one collecting all four in the middle and pinch it tightly with the help of your finger tip.
- Join all the open edges with the help of your fingers by pinching it .
- Heat oil in deep pan, place each chicken chinese samosa square and fry until crisp and golden.
- Fry in batches until all done, drain and keep on an absorbent paper.Serve hot with instant red chili chutney. OR
- Bake in pre heat oven on 180 degrees for 20 minutes or until the covering is crisp and light golden in color. ( Recipe of Zulekha Arafat )
- For veg Chinese samosa squares, do not add chicken , rest procedure is same.
- If you want more spicy add red chili sauce as per your taste.
- I tried making both the ways , baking it and deep frying it but my personal favorite shall remain the deep fried ones.
- If you do not want to add boiled hakka noodles, skip it.
- If you do not want to make a thick saucy vegetable mixture , then skip the step of adding the diluted cornflour, rest follow the procedure.
- I have home made wraps and then shaped them into square and have given my name as Chicken Chinese Samosa / Chicken Chinese Samosa squares because of my shapes , but you can stuff the same filling in samosa pattis too and serve as chicken chinese samosas with chutney or your choice of sauce.
Try my other recipe for parties as well. Kids favorite Chicken Sizzlers