Strawberry Kulfi Ice Cream
Summer season has just started, and we all would like to start making something cooler.The first thought that comes to our mind is Ice Cream. Making ice creams at home will always leave you in a dilemma, as we do not have the ice cream machine to churn and make a smooth ice cream similar to the store bought and what if the ice cream does not set. If you are a traditional person, who believes is using ingredients in it’s purest form and would like to make ice cream at home, then this is the perfect recipe for you. Let’s make homemade Strawberry Kulfi Ice cream, simple, smooth and creamy. All you need to do is one crucial step,that is reducing the milk to half. Once that’s done, add the sugar, chopped strawberry, the puree and a natural thickening agent cashew nuts. Stir everything and then store it in the freezer. And there you have it, Strawberry Kulfi Ice Cream for all.
YOU MAY EVEN LIKE :
- 1 liter Full Fat Milk
- 22-25 pieces Fresh Strawberry
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- 15-16 small Cashew nuts (grinded)
- few dried Rose petals (optional)
How to make Strawberry kulfi at home :
- In a deep vessel, pour the milk and bring it to a boil.
- Once the milk comes to a rapid boil, reduce the flame and then continue to reduce the milk until it becomes half.
- Continuously stir the milk at intervals, so that they do not burn and stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Make sure you scrape down the milk solids that stick at the edge of the pan.
- In the meantime, wash and semi dry the strawberry. Snip the top and then cut the strawberries into four pieces. Also cut few strawberries into smaller pieces and set aside.
- Once the milk becomes half, add the sugar and give it a good mix.
- Next add the cardamom powder and stir everything until well combined. Continuously stir the milk at intervals.
- In a blender jar, add the large pieces of the strawberries and blend them to a smooth puree consistency.Once done set aside, until needed.
- The milk has to become thick, similar to a rabdi consistency.
- Once the milk is 1/3 of it’s original quantity, remove from flame and allow it to cool down completely.
- When the milk has cooled down, add the small chopped strawberries, strawberry puree, grinded cashew nut powder and dried rose petals. Stir until well combined.
- Next transfer the strawberry mixture in two small freeze proof containers.
- Freeze the strawberry kulfi, in the freezer for maximum 6-8 hours or minimum 3-4 hours at least.
- After few hours, your Strawberry Kulfi Ice Cream will be set and ready to serve.
- Chop into pieces, drizzle some strawberry sauce or syrub of your choice and serve chill.
14. Serve the yummy, Strawberry Kulfi Ice Cream after a hearty meal.
- Cooling the milk completely is very important, or else it will curdle when you add the strawberries.
- Mixing the strawberry mixture is very crucial, or else crystallization will take place and then kulfi won’t set.
- Kindly use two smaller containers, as this will avoid the formation of crystals.
- Make sure you set kulfi in an airtight container to avoid crystal formation.
- Stirring continuously, is the key to reducing milk without it getting burnt.
- Adding the cashew nuts, will thicken the milk.
- If forming crystal is a concern, then simply wrap the container with an aluminum foil and then freeze the strawberry kulfi.
PREPARATION TIME:10 -15 Minutes.
COOKING TIME: 50 -60 minutes.
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 10 -15 minutes.
SERVES: 3 – 4 Persons.