Almond Cake Recipe
Have an upcoming kitty party and want to serve something baked at home. Then you got to try this almond cake recipe. You do not have to be a pastry chef and you do not have to bake like a pro, just follow the recipe and instructions and you will definitely get the perfect tea time cake to serve in no time. Prepare the cake batter by creaming the butter and icing sugar. Add the khoya and vanilla essence to give that extra flavor. Finally add the eggs and flour, mix until you get a smooth batter and then pour it in the prepared cake tin. Bake the cake in a preheated vessel until your cake is ready. If you are looking for praises at your party from your guest then this will certainly get you one. Make this delicious Almond Cake with love and serve it with love and enjoy!
YOU MAY EVEN LIKE :
- 1 cup / 120 gms All purpose flour
- 150 gms Icing sugar
- 150 gms Butter (+2-3 tbsp for greasing the pan)
- 100 gms Khoya (mawa)
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 3 medium Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence or Almond essence
- 1/2 cup Powdered Almonds (grinded)
- 20 pieces Almonds (slitted into half for decoration)
- 1/4 cup Crushed Almonds (optional)
HOW TO PREPARE THE CAKE TIN:
- Prepare the cake tin, by cutting the butter paper to the shape of your cake tin.
- Grease the cake tin by applying butter on all sides, and then line the tin with the butter paper. Apply some butter on top of the paper as well.
- Start arranging the slitted almonds, flat side down. Decorating the cake is as per choice. ( FOR THIS YOU CAN SEE THE VIDEO)
- Next sprinkle the crushed almonds on top. Your Almond cake tin is ready.
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND CAKE BATTER:
- In a large mixing bowl, start to sieve the all purpose flour and the baking powder.
- Next add the powdered almonds, stir and mix well. Set aside.
- In another bowl, place the butter and start adding the icing sugar in batches.
- Using an electric hand beater, start to cream the butter and sugar, until all the sugar has been well incorporated.
- Next add the khoya and beat. Add the vanilla essence and mix.
- Add one egg and 1-2 tbsp all purpose flour mixture, beat and then add the another egg, follow the same step until all the eggs are over.
- Finally add the entire flour mixture and using a spatula start to fold the flour, only in one direction. Mix everything to make a smooth batter.
- Pour the cake batter in the prepared cake tin. Tap the cake tin few times, to release the air bubbles.
- Heat a large vessel for about 5-7 minutes on high flame and then slow down the gas. Place a wire stand in the center of the vessel.
- Place the cake tin on that stand, which is placed inside a preheated deep vessel.
- Cover the vessel with a lid, and over low flame, bake the cake for 40-45 minutes.
- After 40 minutes test the cake, insert a toothpick inside the cake if it comes out clean then the cake is ready. Just in case if the tooth pic doesn’t come out clean then keep for 5 more minutes or until done.
- Remove and allow the cake to cool completely. Once cooled, using a knife run through the edges of the cake tin.
- Turn the cake over and remove the butter paper. Your Almond tea cake is ready.
- Serve this delicious cake along with a hot cup of tea.
- Tapping the cake tin to release the air bubbles is an important step.
- If your cake tin is broad but not deep then you can bake the cake for 30-35 minutes.
BAKE ALMOND CAKE IN OVEN:
- Pre heat oven for about 10 minutes at 180/200 Degree C.
- Bake the cake in pre heat oven for about 20 -25 minutes at 180 Degree C.
- After 35 minutes, insert a tooth pick in the middle of the cake and if it comes clean then the cake is ready. Let it completely cool on wire rack.
- Once cooled, using a knife run through the edges of the cake tin.
- Turn the almond cake over and remove the butter paper. Your Almond cake is ready.
- Just in case if the tooth pic doesn’t come clean then keep for 5 more minutes in oven at 180 Degrees C.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 -15 Minutes.
COOKING TIME: 40 -45 Minutes.
TOTAL TIME: 50 -60 Minutes.
SERVES: 4-5 Persons.