Dahi batata puri a typically famous Indian street food , this snack basically chaat, comprises of crisp puris , filled with boiled potatoes, ragda with toppings of different delicious chutneys and beaten curd and sev . Its a must have on the streets of Mumbai ( India ) , In fact if you have chutneys and puri ready , then its very easy to make . You have to eat it immediately other wise the moisture in the chutneys and curd will make the puri soggy .
1/2 cup boiled , peeled and chopped potatoes
1/2 cup Sweet chutney ( meethi emili chutney )
1/2 cup mint and coriander chutney
1/2 cup boiled dried white peas
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp chaat masala
1 tsp roasted cumin powder
1/2 cup thick curd
1 tsp sugar
5 -6 sev
coriander leaves for garnishing
1.Beat the curd and add salt and sugar , keep it in refrigerator.
2. In a bowl add salt , 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp chaat masala , 1/2 cumin powder with potatoes and white peas ( ragda).
3.In the serving plate place the puris after making hole in the middle of the puri using your finger.
4. Put the potatoes and ragda mixture in the puris one by one.
5. Pour some cold curd on the puris.
6.Then pour some mint and coriander chutney .
7. Then some sweet chutney ( meethi chutney) on it .
8. Sprinkle red chilli powder , cumin powder , chaat masala , and sev .
9. Pour in left over potatoes and ragda mixture and the remaining curd all over and pour some more mint and coriander chutney, sweet chutney and sprinkle a bit red chilli powder , chaat masala and cumin powder again. Lastly garnish with coriander leaves.
10. Serve immediately
NOTE: Instead of ragda you can use sprouts.
PREPARATION TIME : 20 – 25 Minutes.
SERVES : 2 Persons.