Chocolate Mousse Eggless
This Chocolate Mousse is eggless recipe. Its delicious, delectable and easy dessert. The texture of Chocolate Mousse is light, smooth and chocolaty. An apt dessert for Chocolate lovers like me, In fact I have made recipes of chocolate with dairy milk, such as Chocolate firni ( click here), chocolate halwa ( click here), chocolate cups ( click here). So as you can see I am a die heart chocolate lover and if you are too, then definitely this recipe and the above ones are definately for you.
Chocolate Mousse is an Eggless recipe Its super easy in which egg is not added and with just 3-4 ingredients the delicious mousse is ready. Here is my Egg less or you can say vegan recipe of Chocolate Mousse.
- 190- 200 gms chocolate bars
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp coffee powder
- 1 tsp butter
- few choco chips fpr garnishing
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE:
- Chop chocolate bars into pieces and melt by using double boiler method or you can even melt the chocolate in microwave.
- Take a saucepan with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil, let it simmer. In a large bowl add chocolate pieces and place it on saucepan, making sure that it doesn’t touches the saucepan or keep a strainer and then place it. Let it melt.
- Now in between add coffee powder and butter and keep stirring until the chocolate melts completely. Once it melts completely it will appear smooth and shiny.
- Remove the bowl from the heat. Let the chocolate mixture come to room temperature.
- Now in a large bowl add heavy cream and whip it by using hand blender/ whisk or mixer.
- Now whip the cream until its peaks reaches between soft and firm. ( do not overwhip )
- Add 2-3 tbsp of whipped cream to the melted and cooled chocolate. Using a spatula, fold or stir the whipped cream.
- Preserve 1/4 cup whipped cream for garnishing (refrigerate it ), add the remaining cream. Gently fold it in, trying to remain its volume.
- Pour this Chocolate mousse into disposable glasses or serving bowls / jars. Refrigerate them for at least 2-3 hours.
- Before serving, pipe in that preserved whipped cream and garnish it in a zig zag pattern. Or just add a scoop of whipped cream. Lastly sprinkle some choco chips or chocolate powder. You may also use grated chocolate and some coffee powder. Serve chilled.
- Make sure the water do not touch the bottom of the top bowl.
- Make sure you fold in whipped cream in chocolate very gently as it should not loose its airy texture.
- You can even store Eggless Chocolate Mousse in refrigerator for a day or 2. Just before serving remove from fridge half an hour before. Garnish and serve.
- Whenever I whip cream, I usually add cream to a large bowl and keep in refrigerator for sometime and then with the help of hand blender whip it till it reaches to my desired peaks.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 -15 Minutes.
COOKING TIME: 15 Minute.
TOTAL TIME: 25 -30 Minutes. ( extra time 2-3 hours )
SERVES: 3 Persons.