Mango Mousse in Chocolate cups is not only eye pleasing but delicious in taste too. I usually make Mango with cream ( click here for recipe ) or Mango Firni ( Click here for recipe ) but this time I wanted to make something very different with superb taste , so what better one can think other than adding chocolate to mango , isin’t it sounding great ….! Yes it did to me and then I tried this recipe , not only my kids loved it me and my husband we too enjoyed it a lot .
As I am a die heart lover of chocolate , many of my desserts have chocolate as an important Ingredients , if you are also a chocolate lover like me then I am sure you will definately love it. Here is my recipe of Mango Mousse In chocolate Cups.
- 200 gms Bitter sweet chocolate ( I have used 2 bournville dark chocolate )
- 2 Ripe Mangoes
- 2-3 tbsp icing sugar
- 5-6 cup cake liner ( silicon or paper )
- 2 tbsp gelatin ( unflavored )
- 3 -4 tbsp heavy cream ( i used topolite )
- 1 ripe mango for garnishing
- chocolate chips fro garnishing
- sprinkles 1 tsp
- Microwave the chocolate in a safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds or until the chocolate melts completely or boil some water in a deep pan and keep a steel strainer on it , now place a small steel bowl and place the chocolate chunks into the bowl , within few seconds the chocolate will start melting , continue until the chocolate melts completely .
- Place each cup cake liner in cupcake mould and add 1 tbsp or more melted chocolate in each linear .
- with the help of silicon brush , coat all the sides and base and refrigerate the liners with the mould for about an hour.
- Now coat each cup again with melted chocolate , this time make sure you brush up to the wall of liners and refrigerate again with the mould for an hour.
- Now again coat the base and side walls of each liner and refrigerate it so that you get a perfect thick coating of chocolate or else the sides will start falling off.
MANGO MOUSSE :
- By the time the liners are refrigerated , prepare the mango mousse .
- Peel the skin of both the ripe mangoes , chop into pieces , add 2 -3 tbsp icing sugar and make a smooth paste with the help of food processor . Strain the puree and keep aside , preferably in refrigerator for some time .
- In a bowl add heavy cream and whisk it until the cream reaches it peak say about 4-5 minutes . ( make sure you keep the cream for about half n hour with the whipping attachment in refrigerator )
- Now heat 5 tbsp water and then sprinkle gelatin to it , let it rest for 5 minutes until it comes to room temperature.
- Mix this gelatin to the mango puree continusly with the help of spoon.
- Now mix the mango puree with the whipped cream using a spetula. ( make sure you do not over mix it )
- Keep the mousse to be chilled into refrigerate for sometime or until you get the chocolate cupcake liners ready. ( Recipe by Zulekha Arafat )
ASSEMBLING & DECORATION :
- Fill the mango mousse in a piping bag and keep aside.
- Now carefully peel each liner from the chocolate cups.
- Add chopped mango to the choclate cups and then pipe each liner with mango mousse.
- Garnish with some chocolate chips and sprinkles , refrigerate for half an hour and serve .
- I have used tropolite cream which added sugar in it , but if you are using amul whipping cream then you need to add 2 -3 tbsp icing sugar separately at the time whisking the cream.
- You can use bitter sweet any cooking chocolate .
- For recipe of mango with cream ( click here ).
- For Mango Firni Recipe ( click here ).
- Increase or decrease the amount of icing sugar as the mango’s sweetness .