Schezwan Potatoes is a spicy, tangy and delicious chat pata snack, which can be prepared in just few minutes. Here is the recipe of my Chat pata Schezwan Alu / Schezwan Potatoes / Chinese Aloo.
You may also like my following recipes
- 3 -4 potatoes boiled
- 2-3 tbsp schezwan sauce ( preferably home made )
- 1-2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 3-4 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 2-3 tbsp tomato sauce
- Salt if needed
HOW TO MAKE SCHEZWAN POTATOES
- Boil potatoes , drain for sometime and peel . Chop into small or medium pieces , keep aside .
- In a pan , drizzle some oil , add garlic and fry for a minute but make sure it doesn’t turn the color.
- Add schezwan sauce, soya sauce, vinegar and tomato sauce ( ketch up ) , mix everything well.
- Add chopped potatoes and mix well . Adjust the seasonings and sauces like if you feel that it’s too spicy then add 1 -2 tbsp tomato ketchup and little soya sauce )
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot .
- If you think its too spicy then add more tomato sauce.
- Its best when made with home made schezwan sauce.
- You can add red, yellow and green bell peppers too.
- You can even add spring onion bulbs at the time you add garlic and then garnish with spring onions stem ( chopped ) instead of garnishing with coriander leaves.
- If you are adding thickly chopped red, yellow, green capsicums, make sure you add peppers after you fry the garlic.
PREPARATION TIME : 10 Minutes .
COOKING TIME : 10 Minutes .
TOTAL TIME : 20 Minutes .
SERVES : 2 Persons.