Burnt Garlic Chilli Chicken
This recipe is an adaptation of one of the restaurants here , near my house . One fine day I wasn’t in a mood to cook, so ordered this Burnt Garlic Chilly Chicken , and to my surprise it was not only good in taste but it had few new ingredients too like , peanuts and bhor chillies, I liked the whole idea of burnt garlic , peanuts and button chilli with chicken so thought to give it a try. Here is my version of Burnt Garlic Chilli Chicken.
- 200 – 250 gms chicken boneless
- 2-3 bhor red chilly ( Button chilly )
- 8-10 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 3-4 tbsp soya sauce
- 3-4 finely chopped or slit each into 4 pieces
- 3-4 onion bulbs thickly chopped into cubes
- 1 green capsicum chopped into cubes
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1-2 green chilly sauce ( optional )
- 2-3 finely chopped spring onions green
- Salt or ajinomoto
- 1-2 tbsp peanuts
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tbsp cornflour
INGREDIENTS FOR MARINATION:
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp pepper powder
- Oil for frying
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
HOW TO MAKE BURNT GARLIC CHILLI CHICKEN
- Wash , clean and cut the chicken into long thin strips and marinate with ingredients under “marination section ” , keep aside for 1- 2 hours .
- Add egg, cornflour and all purpose flour to the marinated chicken , mix well .
- Heat sufficient oil in kadhai, drop each marinated and evenly coated chicken pieces one by one and deep fry on medium heat till golden brown and crisp . ( Make sure you fry in batches) Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Heat oil in a pan, add bhor chillies , fry and remove from oil .
- Add peanuts , fry for a minute and remove from oil, keep aside .
- In the same hot oil, add garlic and fry till it changes colour, now add green chillies, onion bulbs , saute for a minute.
- Now add soya sauce, salt, pepper powder, green chilly sauce ( optional ) and sugar , bring to a boil.
- Diluted 1/2 tbsp cornflour in one cup chicken stock , and add to the pan, fry for a minute or until the sauce starts to thicken, stir continuously , adjust seasonings and sauces if required .
- Add fried chicken pieces and chopped capsicum , and cook for a minute on medium heat.
- Transfer in serving plate , sprinkle fried peanuts and spring onions green .
- Serve Burnt Garlic Chilli Chicken hot.
- Increase or decrease the no of chillies as per your preferences .
- Increase or decrease soya sauce as per your preferences .
- For best results , heat 2 tbsp oil and add 1 tsp finely chopped garlic , fry until its brown in colour , add to the prepared chicken after transferring into serving plate , and then sprinkle fried peanuts and spring onions.
- You can add green chilly sauce too ,but here I did not add to my Burnt Garlic Chilly Chicken.
- MSN salt is optional , if you want you can add, but its better to avoid it.
- You can add whole red chillies instead of bhor chillies ( button chillies) .
- If you do not have chicken stock , add plain water to cornflour and mix well.