Burnt Garlic Schezwan Chicken
Burnt Garlic Schezwan Chicken is one of my easiest and quickest Recipe, if the chopping is done before hand. Burnt Garlic Schezwan Chicken is an Indo Chinese tempting and appealing appetizer . Here in the Recipe I have used old technique of deep frying the chicken pieces and then tossed them in Chinese sauces . Though usually I stir fry my marinated chicken pieces instead of deep frying them , which is healthy and quick too. But both the techniques are perfect , you can also stir fry chicken pieces in 1 tbsp olive oil or butter after marinating it for few hours instead of deep frying them.
Here is my tongue tickling Burnt Garlic Schezwan Chicken recipe.
You may also like
- 250 gms boneless chicken
- 8-10 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 1 onion chopped
- 4-5 cloves of garlic and 3-4 red whole chilies
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 1 nos green chilly
- 2 tbsp schezwan
- 2-3 tbsp soya
- 1 vingear
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour in 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp chilly sauce
- 1 tsp green chilly sauce
- 1/2 cup Spring onions ( greens )
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper chopped into cube shape
- 1/2 cup green Capsicum chopped into cube shape
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper chopped into cube shape
- 1/8 tsp pepper powder
- spring onions ( bulbs ) chopped into two pieces
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- oil / butter
INGREDIENTS FOR MARINATION:
- 2-3 soya sauce
- 1 tsp green chilly sauce
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
HOW TO MAKE BURNT GARLIC SCHEZWAN CHICKEN
- Clean, wash and chop chicken into thick pieces and marinate with the ingredients mentioned under ” INGREDIENTS FOR MARINATION ‘ section for 1-2 hour .
- In a kadhai , heat sufficient oil for deep frying.
- In the marinated add beaten egg, cornflour and all purpose flour. Mix well.
- Drop few chicken pieces in hot oil and deep fry them in batches until they turn golden brown in colour.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- In a wok add oil , and 4-5 cloves of garlic and few red whole chilies.
- Once the garlic and chillies turn dark in colour , off the gas . Drain and discard the chillies and garlic.
- Now in the same wok or nonstick deep pan , add chopped ginger , and garlic in the prepared garlic chilly oil.
- Fry for a minute or two , add chopped onions and fry for a minute again until translucent.
- Now add schezwan chutney , salt , pepper , vinegar , soya sauce , red chilly sauce , green chilly sauce , and sugar.
- In a small bowl , dilute cornflour in water and add to the gravy.
- Once the gravy thickens , add chicken , spring onions white , chopped green chilly and all 3 colored bell peppers .Adjust the seasonings like salt and pepper and adjust the sauces too if needed. Garnish with chopped spring onion greens.
- Transfer to serving dish or bowl , serve hot immediately.
- Adjust soya sauce , chilly sauce , vinegar as per your preferences.
- Add more schezwan if you like too spicy .
- If you do not have spring onion bulbs then add thickly chopped onions.
- You can separately preserve half garlic chilly oil , after you discard the burnt chilies and garlic , in half oil prepare the dish as per the procedure and in the end before serving , drizzle some remaining preserved chilly and garlic oil for best results.
- You can even make garlic and chilly oil in good quantity and preserve it for days.
- If you do not have red and yellow capsicum , so you can just add green chopped capsicum too, depending upon your preferences.