This method of rolling in samosa patti has changed over the years and replaced by ready made thread like ingredient , called “THREADS ” for thread chicken which is easily available in market to be rolled with , but I still prefer my 20 years old , method of chopping the samosa pattis into thin strips and rolling the chicken into it and then deep frying them into crispy Thread chicken.
For biding too , I have made it very easy , nor do I use egg nor all purpose flour. Just cornflour and roll in samosa strips and deep fry them.
Here is my easy , peasy , quick recipe of Thread Chicken. I am sure you will love it.
You may also like
- 250 gms boneless chicken
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp black Pepper
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 2-3 tbsp chilly sauce
- 2-3 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp schezwan sauce ( optional )
- samosa pattis
- Oil for frying
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY THREAD CHICKEN
- Clean , wash and chop chicken boneless into long strips and marinate with salt , black pepper powder , schezwan sauce (optional ) , ginger garlic paste , red chilly sauce , vinegar , soya sauce for 2-3 hours.
- Chop at a time , 2 -3 samosa pattis into thin strip .Repeat the process until you have appropriate amount to roll into.
- Heat oil in kadhai , once the oil is hot slow down the gas flame .
- Add cornflour to the marinated chicken , mix everything well , adjust the sauces if needed and roll each piece into samosa patti strips .
- Slowly place the rolled chicken piece in oil , take another marinated chicken piece and roll in samosa patti strips and place in hot oil.
- Fry few at a time in batches on medium flame until the chicken is done and samosa patti strips turns golden in color.
- Drain on an absorbent paper , repeat the process for all the marinated chicken pieces.
- Serve hot with schezwan sauce or any other kind of sauce you like.
- You can use threads instead of samosa strips which is easily available in market.
- Hold the samosa patti , horizontally ( assuming it to be long portion ) , now with the help of scissors chop the pattis vertically, the short portion into thin strips .
- You can use frozen samosa pattis too.
How to make thread for crispy thread chicken:
- Take your 3/4 samosa pattis, chop horizontally into thin strips with the help of kitchen scissor.
- Continue this process for rest of the pattis. ( Take quantity according to your requirement )
- Now separate those small thin pattis and use for thread chicken as threads.
LEVEL : Easy
COURSE : Appetizer , snacks.
PREPARATION TIME : 15 minutes (extra time for marination)
COOKING TIME : 15 – 20 minutes.
TOTAL TIME : 30 -40 Minutes ( extra time for marination )
SERVES : 3 – 4 Persons.
IF YOU LIKE MY RECIPE , PLEASE FORWARD THE RECIPE LINK TO YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS. FEEL FREE TO LIKE AND COMMENT IN THE COMMENTS SECTION BELOW.