Schezwan Prawn (Shrimps)
Szechuan Shrimps are delectable and tongue ticking appetizer , though a bit spicy , the Szechuan sauce is made at home. Here my recipe is a quick, easy and palatable Szechuan sauce , which you can add in other cuisines or serve as condiments with chicken lollipops, chicken finger and so on. You can prepare this Szechuan/ schezwan sauce in a large quantity and store in a tight container for further use . This amazing shrimp recipe is one of my best shrimp recipe as its made in homemade Szechuan sauce. This qualifies for healthy shrimp recipes for dinner or even for lunch.
You may also like other amazing shrimp (prawn) recipes
INGREDIENTS FOR SZECHUAN SAUCE:
- 12 -15 whole red chilies
- 1 tbsp spoon vinegar
- 1/4 tsp soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 2-3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 7-8 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp oil
- 250 gms big shrimps ( peeled )
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 green capsicum ( chopped into cube shaped )
- 4-5 spring onion bulbs (each chopped into 2 )
- 4-5 spring onion greens ( stem ) ( finely chopped )
- 1 tbsp olive oil / vegetable oil / butter
HOW TO MAKE SZECHUAN SHRIMPS ( Schezwan Prawn )
1. Soak whole red chilies for half and hour , break them into two pieces and de-seed them. ( you won’t be able to remove all the seeds , but try as much as you can , this will lessen the hotness )
2.Wash , clean , devein and marinate the shrimps / prawns with salt , red chilly powder and ginger garlic paste for an hour .
3. Grind the chilies in a food processor with little water in which they were soaked and make a coarse paste .
4. In a pan or kadhai , drizzle oil, add ginger garlic and fry for a minute . ( keep on slow flame as they should not turn brown )
5. Now add the chilly paste and fry for a minute.
6. Add pepper powder
7. Add 1/2 tbsp vinegar ( later if you feel less you can add 1/ 2 tbsp more in the end to adjust the taste , as I added 1/2 tbsp later for my taste buds , but this depends on you )
8. Add soya sauce
9. Add 2-3 tbsp tomato sauce (add 2 tbsp , then later in the end, if you feel the need to adjust the taste, then add 1-2 tbsp more )
10. Fry until the oil separates, now add 3 -5 tbsp water. sprinkle salt, mix well and adjust the other seasonings too like vinegar and tomato sauce, fry until oil separates.
- If you feel Szechuan Shrimps are spicy then add tomato sauce more to adjust the hotness.
- If you want you can deep fry the prawns or pan fry them , both are fine , it totally depends on you.