Imli Chutney / Khajoor / Sweet Tamarind Chutney for Pani Puri is a balanced and delicious chutney served with spicy pani ( water ) of pani puri and boiled chic peas .
Here is my recipe of Imli Chutney served with pani puri ‘s Pani ( water ) .
- 1/2 cup tamarind
- 1/2 cup dates
- 3-4 tbsp jaggery
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly roasted cumin powder
- Black salt
- 3 cups water
HOW TO MAKE IMLI CHUTNEY
- Remove the seeds and soak tamarind in 1 cup of water . After sometime squeeze all the imli and form a thick pulp of it .
- In a pan, add seedless dates with 2 cups of water and tamarind pulp , cook for sometimes till the dates get soft .
- Once the dates are soft , add salt , red chilly powder , coriander powder , cumin powder and jaggery .
- Cook for 4- 7 minutes , adjust salt and jaggery if needed .
- Once the chutney gets cool , blend the mixture in a food processor to smooth paste . ( add 1/4 cup water or less if needed )
- Strain Imli Chutney /Tamarind / Meethi chutney through a strainer .
- Serve with pani puri or any kind of chaat.
You may also like