Methi Matar Malai
- 1 bunch fenugreek leaves
- 1 onions finely chopped
- 1 cup green peas
- 1/2 tsp sugar or as required
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt to taste
INGREDIENTS FOR PASTE :
- 50 gms cashews
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 2-4 green chilies
- 6-7 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
METHOD TO COOK METHI MATAR MALAI
1. Boil 1 medium onion for 4-7 minutes, turn off the gas and place alone the onion in a food processor and blend to smooth paste with all the other ingredients mentioned under the ” INGREDIENTS FOR PASTE ” Section.
2. Clean, wash and chop methi leaves into thick pieces. Blanch the methi leaves in boiling water for 2- 3 minutes , drain and keep under the tap ( cold ) water for few seconds.
3. In a pan or kadhai drizzle some oil, add the methi leaves and saute for a while. Transfer in another plate and keep aside.
4 . In the same pan, drizzle some more oil and add chopped onions, fry until the onions starts changing its color.
5. Add the prepared paste and roast for a minute, add 1/2 cup water and add green peas ( mutter ) .
6. Cover and cook until the peas ( matar ) are completely done. ( In between if the gravy has dried up add 1/2 or 1 cup water warm water )
7. Add salt, sugar, garam masala powder.
8 . Now add cooked methi leaves, mix well.
9. Add fresh cream and milk, mix well. Adjust the salt and spices.
10 . Cover and cook until the methi leaves are completely done. Serve hot with parantha or phulkas (roti).
Increase or decrease the no of green chillies as per your preferences in methi matar malai. It can tweak according to your taste.
If you are running out of time, you can directly fry the methi leaves in the pan and skip the blanch step.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 – 20 Minutes .
COOKING TIME: 20 Minutes .
TOTAL TIME: 40 Minutes .
SERVES: 2 Persons.
Click here to try my Palak Paneer recipe.