PEANUT CHUTNEY is a lip smacking condiment served along with the Palak Daal or Tadka Daal Rice .
- 100 gms peanuts
- 8-9 peeled cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilly powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT CHUTNEY
- Take roasted peanuts , you can use roasted or plain, salted or unsalted ,for plain/raw peanuts (Singh ) , roast on tawa , stirring every now and then, until they change colour or keep in oven for 5 minutes .
- Once done, shed the skin , separate it ( from the skin ) and keep aside .Crush peanut and garlic together in mortar pestle , not too coarse not to powdered .
- Add salt and red chilly powder , but you have used salted peanut make sure you just add a pinch , mix well .
- Now in a fry pan heat oil, add the peanut and fry for few seconds like 4-5 seconds continuously stirring so as to prevent it from sticking .
- Turn of the gas and let it rest for few 5-6 minutes . Serve with dal tadka rice or palak dal rice .
- You can take ready peeled ones .
- You can use salted or unsalted peanuts .
- You can use raw peanuts which are not roasted nor peeled .
- Increase or decrease the number of chilly powder as per your preferences .
- If your peanuts are roasted and little salted then too you might need to add pinch of salt.
- If you are roasting on tawa or in oven , remove from fire once they start changing colour , and taste one or 2 , if you feel that it’s still raw and yet to be done then again roast for few minutes .
- You can even store it in air tight container after its cool down for further use.
- For Tadka Daal ( click here ) .
PREPARATION TIME : 15 Minutes .