Singapore Fried Rice
Though I felt funny at the same time that how did they get the taste , as they have never visited to Singapore and to name a dish on that country was a bit surprising . But I loved the taste so much that I guessed few ingredients and added my flavor to it .
You may also like
For Veg Singapore Fried rice, Here is my video recipe
- 1 cup or more boiled chicken boneless
- 1 and 1/2 cup cooked basmati rice
- 2 -3 whole red chillies
- 6 -7 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp schezwan chutney
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 spring onions
- 1/8 th tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 cup each bell peppers ( green , red , yellow )
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets chopped into medium pieces
- 3-4 baby corns chopped into medium pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilly powder
- 2 tbsp ghee ( clarified butter )
HOW TO MAKE SINGAPORE FRIED RICE
- Clean , boil , shred the chicken boneless and keep aside.
- Chop all the vegetables into thick small cube shape and keep aside.
- In a pan , drizzle some clarified butter and add seasoned beaten egg , cook and remove from pan . Chop into small pieces and keep aside .
- In the same pan heat chilly garlic oil or plain vegetable oil until smoking , add whole red chillies and garlic .
- Fry for half a second , add schezwan chutney and red chilly powder .
- Fry for a minute , add soya sauce , vinegar and pepper powder .
- Add spring onions bulbs , chopped vegetables , chicken pieces , egg pieces , fry for a minute .Now add rice and mix everything well.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder and mix every thing well.
- Serve hot .
- For veg Singapore Fried rice just skip adding chicken in it, rest follow the same procedure.
- I added 2 tsp red chilly powder , so even if you want more spicy , add more .
- Adjust the seasoning and sauces as per your preferences .
- The above measurements are exactly what I added , but you can do increase the number of sauces as per your preferences.
- Drizzle some chilly oil over Singapore fried rice before serving for best results.
- You can add other vegetables too as per your choice .
COOKING TIME : 20 Minutes .
TOTAL TIME : 30 – 40 Minutes .
SERVES: 2 Persons .