Homemade Nacho Chips
Homemade Nacho Chips is a Mexican snack served with cheese sauce( click here) and red salsa sauce ( click here ). Well this a delicious and lip smacking snack which is made either by deep frying the chips or bake them. Well this recipe has both the ways.
Nacho Chips is served with Nacho Cheese Sauce and Red salsa sauce, both the recipes are updated above ingredients section. Well if you want to watch the Nacho Chips video recipe, the link is after “METHOD”‘ and just before Food hacks.
I have prepared a huge batch say about the double of below mentioned measurements, like 2 cups of maize flour and 2 cups of all purpose flour, stored it for 4-5 days and enjoyed my Home Made Nacho Chips with red salsa sauce and cheese sauce during our late night Saturday Netflix streaming.
Here is my recipe of Home Made Nacho Chips.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE :
- 1 cup all purpose flour ( maida )
- 1 cup maize flour (makke ka atta )
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 salt
SPICE MIX :
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- salt to taste
How to make Nacho Chips:
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients such as all purpose flour, maize flour, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well.
- Start kneading into a semi soft dough with adequate amount of Luke warm water, in between add oil and knead well.
- Take a lemon sized dough and roll into a round shape like we make chapati using maize flour or plain flour.
- Prick the rolled chapati ( circle) all over with the help of a fork.
- Now with the help of pizza cutter or a knife, cut the circle/ chapati into 2 then into 4 pieces and then form ”x’ shape on it. Like this you will have 8 -10 triangles. ( you can make more triangles if you want )
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan, drop in slowly one by one few triangles at a time and deep fry the nachos on a slow to medium flame till crisp and golden brown.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and repeat the process with all the triangles, fry them in batches till they turn crisp and golden in color.
- Sprinkle the spice mix and serve or serve with cheese sauce and red salsa sauce.
FOOD HACKS :
- Well I have taken the measurements here 1 cup maize flour and 1 cup all purpose flour but if you want to make less Nacho chips then you can take 1/2 cup maize flour and 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- You can either take a proportion of equal quantity of both or 1/2 cup maize and 1/4 cup all purpose flour or you can even take 1 cup maize flour and add 3-4 tbsp of all purpose four.
- You can even serve Nachos with spice mix mentioned above or you can serve with cheese sauce and red salsa sauce.
- Recipes links and videos of Red salsa sauce and Nachos cheese sauce in “YOU MAY EVEN LIKE” CATEGORY.
- You can even store Nacho chips, I made a huge batch of 4 cups ( 2 cup maize flour and 2 cups all purpose flour) and then stored them in an air tight container and refrigerate it, well they can be stored up to a week.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 Minutes.
COOKING TIME: 20 Minutes.
TOTAL TIME: 25 Minutes.
SERVES: 4-5 Persons.