Chapli Kabab is one of the most famous kabab in India & Pakistan. India is known for its rich culture and heritage. But when it comes to food, the curries and kababs are in another league. No meal in Indian cuisine is complete without Kabab. They have their own identity and uniqueness. A tougher stand out. So here is Chapli Kabab recipe from the abundant recipes that India has to offer. Chapli Kabab is originally from Afghanistan but widely accepted elsewhere, Specially India.
A kabab that’s wholesome and fully packed with flavor. Made with mutton mince, which is gently marinated with Indian spices and secret ingredient scrambled eggs, which gives it the authentic flavor. The marinated mutton mice are then shaped into flat round shaped kabab’s, hence the name Chapli kabab as its flat in shape. Shallow fried until well cooked and served with coriander and mint chutney. Perfection at its best…Do try!!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- 250 gms Mutton mince
- 1 ½ medium Onion finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp Fresh Coriander leaves finely chopped
- ¼ cup Roasted gram flour
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 small Tomato seedless, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Red Chili flakes
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp Lemon juice or amchoor / dried anardana powder, optional
- 1 ½ tsp Garam masala ( mixed spices )
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Whole Coriander seeds roasted and grinded coarsely
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 3-4 small Green Chili crushed
- 1 medium Egg scrambled and half cooked, optional
- 1 medium Egg
- Oil as required to cook the kabab
HOW TO MAKE CHAPLI KABAB :
1. Prepare by washing and straining the mince meat, squeeze out the excess water.
2. Finely chop the onion, fresh coriander, tomatoes and crush green chillies, all separately.
3. Prepare a half cooked scrambled egg with salt and pepper, set aside.
FOR MAKING KABAB MARINATION:
4. Start by adding salt, black pepper powder, red chilli flakes, whole coriander
seeds crushed, ginger garlic paste, green chilli, jeera powder, garam masala and roasted gram flour (besan ) to mutton mince.
5. Squeeze out the excess water from the onions and add it to the mince, followed
by the tomatoes, fresh coriander leaves, whole egg and the scrambled eggs.
6. Using your hand begin to mix all the ingredients until well combined. Lastly add
the lemon juice and give everything a final mix.
FOR COOKING KABABS:
7. Preheat a large flat non-stick pan over high flame, pour some oil allow the oil to
8. Wet your hand with water or oil, take small portions of the mixture and then start
to shape the kabab into round flat or oval shape, using your hand.
9. Place the kabab on the pan and begin to start frying the kabab, cook the kabab for
few minutes on each side. Keep flipping at intervals.
10. Once the kabab’s are cooked, remove and place them over tissue paper and set
11. The other way to cook the kabab’s is, you can simply place a slice of tomato on one of the sides over the shaped kabab mixture and then fry them on both side until cooked.
12. Serve the hot Chapli Kabab with coriander and mint chutney.
- You can double the ingredients if you wish to increase the mince meat quantity.
- You can use wheat flour or bajra flour instead of gram flour (besan), but ensure it’s not roasted.
- If you do not want to add fresh tomatoes to the mixture then just slice the tomatoes at the time of shaping them and set aside. And cook it in a different style
- Increase or decrease the amount of green chillies as per your requirement.
- You can make chicken chapli kababas too just replace mutton mince with chicken mince.
- If you do not want to add lemon juice in Chapli Kabab, you can add 1/2 tsp or 1 tsp amchor powder ( dry mango powder) or 1/2 tsp or 1 tsp anardana crushed or powdered.
- Ensure the mincemeat has little fat; this will enhance the flavor of the kabab.
- Incase you are making the kabab at a later stage then just marinate the mixture with
all the dry ingredients fpr 2- 3 hours , do not add the onions, tomatoes, fresh coriander and cooked eggs. As the tomatoes and onions will release excess water and this will make the mixture soggy.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 -20 Minutes.
COOKING TIME: 40 -50 Minutes.
TOTAL TIME: 55- 1 Hour 10 Minutes