Masala chaas is perfect for summers and is a cool refreshing drink for scotching heat. I usually prepare this every day during summers as it cool to beat the heat.
Well delicious chaas is flavorful which is also called as butter milk and is popular across India.
In this recipe curd is churned and cold water is added together in a pot using a hand blender or whipper ( ghotni) and is seasoned with salt and other spices for that flavorful taste.
Here is the recipe of Masala chass/ butter milk
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- 250 gm curd ( dahi )
- 1/2 – 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp rock salt ( kaala namak )
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder ( jeera )
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- 1 green chili
- 1 liter water
How to make Spiced Butter Milk ( Masala Chaas )
- Add all coriander leaves and half of mint leaves with green chili into food processor and blend to coarse for 3-4 seconds.
- Add curd in food processor with existing mixture.
- Add slight rock salt, normal salt, some cumin powder and pepper powder in food processor and blend it for some seconds.
- Add half glass of water and blend it again for some seconds.
- Now transfer all mixture into bowl and add one and half glass of water.
- Add little salt and rock salt, cumin powder and pepper powder and blend it with hand blender for few seconds till frothy.
- Now Pour in a tall glass, sprinkle some cumin powder and garnish with mint leaves.
- Serve chill.
You can add less coriander leaves too if you wish to not add more of it.
Intially add less salt an d rock salt, later adjust it or else it would be too salty.
PREPARATION TIME: 5-10 Minutes.
SERVES: 3-4 Persons.