Banana Bread is a moist, scrumptious sweet cake like quick bread. It is one of the most flavorful recipe made from mashed ripe bananas. You can add nuts or dry fruits or even chocolate chips as per your choice. Well I have added raisins and trust me the flavor of raisin comes out so well in this recipe. Though you can make a healthier version of Banana Bread too.
When I bake Banana Bread or any other such recipes in oven my whole place around is full of aromatic fragrance. This is so mesmerizing, I am sure if you are into baking you might have experienced it too. Well Recently when I baked this easy Banana Bread it was late evening so I couldn’t click pictures for this recipe and had to shift my photo session for the next day. But for that I needed to remind my husband and kids that I want to click food pictures and so they leave some of the slices of Banana Bread for my photo shoot. Trust me that was the hardest part as the banana bread loaf was so delicious that no one could resist themselves from munching. I hardly got few slices of it for the photo shoot.
How to make healthy Banana Bread
You can replace all purpose flour with wheat flour preferably organic wheat flour. And instead of adding sugar you can add 1/2 cup honey. By these 2 changes you can have a healthier version of Banana Bread.
Here is my Recipe of moist, soft, delicious, scrumptious Banana Bread.
You may also like
- 1 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar ( white )
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 – 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Few raisins
- 2 eggs
HOW TO MAKE MOIST BANANA BREAD:
- Sieve all purpose flour and add to a bowl with salt and baking soda. Mix all the dry ingredients well and keep aide.
- In another bowl, add peeled bananas and mash roughly with the help of a fork till they form into a pulp.
- In another large bowl, combine together powdered sugar and unsalted softened butter. Mix well with the help of hand mixer on medium speed till the sugar has mixed well.
- Add the banana mixture to the combined sugar and butter. Blend together again with the help of hand mixer till mixed well.
- Pre heat oven at 170 Degrees for about 10 minutes till the banana Bread batter is being prepared.
- Add dry flour mixture and eggs and mix well with the help of hand mixer on medium speed till all combine into a thick batter.
- In between add vanilla essence and mix well. By this time make sure everything is incorporated well.
- Now lastly add raisins and with the help of spatula fold in lightly.
- Grease bread loaf pan the base and all the sides with butter.
- Now add some all purpose flour and just try to cover all the butter area, but make sure you do not use any tools to do that. Just keep shaking to right and left and the butter area shall be covered with flour.
- Now pour in the Banana Bread batter and bake in oven at 170 Degrees for about 50 Minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the loaf comes out clean.
- Let banana bread rest for 10 -15 minutes on rack.
- Once the loaf comes to room temperature, with the help of knife loose out the edges.
- Slice into pieces and serve.
- The banana’s you are adding in this recipe should be ripped ones.
- When I got the bananas they were ready to eat but then I kept outside and not in fridge for a day so that they could get more ripe.
- You can replace wheat flour or organic wheat flour with all purpose flour.
- You can add raisins or walnuts or any other dry fruits of your choice.
- You can even add raisins and crushed walnuts together for more flavors.
- You can even add chocolate chips instead of nuts or dry fruits.
- FOR HEALTHIER VERSION OF BANANA BREAD : You can replace all purpose flour with wheat flour or preferably organic wheat flour. And instead of adding sugar you can add 1/2 cup honey. By these 2 changes you can have a healthier version of Banana Bread.
- The timings to bake banana bread loaf may vary from oven to oven. As usually for my oven, I keep 5-10 minutes less at times then mentioned in the recipes. So for that you need to bake accordingly as per your oven but usually for this recipe you need to bake the Banana bread loaf for about 55-60 minutes on 170 -180 degrees.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 -15 Minutes.
COOKING TIME: 1 hour.
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour and 10 – 15 Minutes.
SERVES: 7-8 Persons.