Virgin mojito is a refreshing drink, specially to be served during summers. During scorching heat you can impress your guests by preparing Virgin Mojito at home. This is an excellent summer drink and one of the best refreshing one.
Well, in Mojito alcohol is added with mint leaves, sugar syrup and lemon juice, it is a known and famous as a Cocktail drink. Where as in Virgin Mojito instead of alcohol 7up or sprite or club soda or mountain dew is added, it is a non alcholic drink known ad Mocktail drink. Virgin mojito can be serve during any season at lunch or dinner.
Here is my recipe of Virgin Mojito .
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 -4 tbsp sugar
- 3-4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3-4 lemon wedges
- Sprite / 7up/Mountain Dew or any lemon based soft drink
How to make Virgin Mojito at home
- Pour 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup water in a pan and pour sugar into it.
- Melt the sugar in pan by heating water for sometime till the sugar dissolves completely, bring to a boil and let it cool for sometime.
- Put some mint leaves in glass and pour 1-1.5 tbsp sugar syrup which we made in pan.
- Add 3/4 tbsp lemon juice with one lemon wedge.
- Press and muddle/crush all the ingredients in glass with spatula so all mint leaves and lemon wedges juices will be releasing into mixture.
- Now add sprite and lots of ice into mixture.
- Garnish with mint leaves and lemon wedge.
- Serve chill.
- Adjust the sweetness as per you preference like if your Mojito is too sour add 1-2 tbsp sugar syrup.
- Adjust the sourness as per your preferences like if your Mojito is too sweet then add 1/2 tbsp or 1 tbsp lime juice.
PREPARATION TIME : 5 -10 Minutes.
SERVES : 2 Persons.