Lasagna Roll ups
Lasagna is usually lined up in the dish at the time of assembling before being baked in oven. But here I have made Roll Ups. So that while serving, the dish do not gets messy and we get each lasagna roll ups with less fuss.
These Lasagna rolls ups have made by chicken meat, but I would personally recommend Lamb’s mince Lasagna. Taste of Chicken lasagna is delicious and delectable , no doubt about it . You can try vegetarian Lasagna as well , that is also delicious. So in short all the variations are equally delicious and tongue tickling. Here is my Recipe of Lasagna Roll Ups.
You may also like my following recipes
- 300 – 350 gms chicken mince / mutton mince
- 8 lasagna sheets ( wheat semolina pasta )
- 2 and half cups tomato puree
- 2 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 -2 tsp paprika powder / red chilly flakes
- 1 tsp red chilly powder ( optional )
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 6-7 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 200 gms mozzarella cheese grated
- 200 gms Parmesan cheese
- 250 – 300 gms Ricotta cheese
- 50 -70 gms cheddar cheese
- 2 handful of fresh flat parsley leaves
- salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
HOW TO MAKE LASAGNA ROLLS UPS
- In a non stick pan , drizzle some olive oil , add garlic and fry for a minute.
- Add finely chopped onions and fry until translucent .
- Add chicken mince and season it with salt , 1/2 tsp pepper powder , red kashmiri chilly powder ( optional ) , paprika powder/ chilly flakes and mixed herbs . Mix well and cook on low flame until meat is tender , turn off the gas and let it cool . ( If you have taken chicken mince then it will hardly take time to be tender , but if you preparing of mutton mince then it will take time to be done )
- Side by side in a pan , add tomato puree and let it cook for 5-6 minutes . ( you can omit this step if you are preparing of mutton mince , see the NOTES for references . )
- In a food processor , add the cooked mince and just grind to coarse grains in batches . ( make sure you grind it just for 2-3 seconds each batch )
- Add the coarsely grind mince back to the same pan and add the cooked tomato puree with half cup of warm water . Adjust the seasoning as per the taste and preferences.
- Let it simmer on low flame for 6-7 minutes .
- Side by side warm 4-5 cups of water in a flat bottom pan with some salt and gently slide in the raw lasagna sheet in boiling water, might be 2 -3 at a time . (do not add more or else it will stick to each other )
- Cook the sheets for just 3-5 minutes stirring it frequently and remove each cooked lasagna sheets with the help of tongs and keep aside. Repeat the process for all the remaining lasagna sheets OR prepare the lasagna sheets as per the packet instructions.
- In a large bowl , add cheddar cheese , ricotta cheese , half of parmesan cheese , half of mozrella cheese and a handful of chopped parsley and egg, season it with salt and pepper . Mix well . ( Recipe by Zulekha Arafat )
ASSEMBLING LASAGNA ROLL UPS:
- Lay the lasagna sheets on wax paper or on any plate . Spread the cheese mixture along the sheets , then add a spoon full of meat mix . Roll up each of the lasagna sheets individually .
- Repeat the process for all the remaining sheets and roll them up too .
- In the bottom of the baking dish , spread a thin layer of the meat sauce , then place the lasagna rolls and top the rolls with some more meat sauce . Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella , Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley evenly over the top.
- Cover the dish with foil making it sure that it does not touches the cheese .
- Bake the lasagna at 180 – 190 Degree for 30 -40 minutes in pre-heat oven.
- Adding red chilly powder is optional , so if you do not want to add in lasagna roll ups then skip it.
- Substitute Ricotta cheese with cottage cheese , if you do not have Ricotta cheese, just scramble cottage cheese and add.
- Actually the recipe has Ricotta cheese , but sometimes I do not add Ricotta cheese and make the recipe with rest 3 cheese , I love the taste this way too.
- You can add either red chilly flakes or paprika powder , depending on your preferences.
- Increase or decrease the number of red chilly flakes or paprika powder as per your preferences.
- You can make Lasagna with mutton mince too , instead of adding chicken mince , replace it with lamb mince.
- If you adding mutton mince then , follow the procedure until step 3 , after you add mutton mince to the pan with all the seasonings, cook on low flame for about 10 – 15 minutes , if the mince dries up add 1/2 cup water and cook on low flame for about 15 minutes . Now off the gas and let it cool . Grind the mince in batches in a food processor to coarse and transfer to the same cooking pan ( make sure you grind it just for 2-3 seconds , as we want small break ups of mince ). Add tomato puree with 1 cup water and let it cook for some more time until the meat is tender and done. Continue the procedure from step 7.
- If you do not want to add Ricotta cheese , make white sauce , for that add some butter in the pan , add all purpose flour and roast for a minute , then add grated cheese , sprinkle some pepper powder , if want add chilly fakes , mixed herbs and salt . Apply this mixture to the lasagna sheets , then add some prepared mince , roll and place in the baking dish.
- If you do not want to grind the chicken or mutton mince in food processor to small break ups , you can skip this step and continue.
- You can ask your butcher to make very fine mince , if you are not grinding the mutton or chicken mince in food processor.
- Some lasagna sheets say ” no cook ” required so make sure you follow the instructions written on the pack .
- After you remove the lasagna sheets from the boiling water , add the sheets to a large bowl filled with cool water. Leave the sheets in cool water until you boil the remaining sheets and are ready to line them up in oven dish, as this will prevent the sheets from drying out or sticking .
- I prepared the whole above mentioned recipe and then lastly I boiled the lasagna sheets , so I did not keep in cold water , instead I just removed the sheets from the boiling water with the help of tongs and applied the cheese mixture and then mince mixture and rolled up.