Chocolate Cookies/ Chocolate Nankhatai
I first had Chocolate Cookies/ Chocolate Nankhatai in pune ( INDIA ) 4 years back and instantly I fell in love with them. Though I wasn’t aware of the fact that those beauties were actually nankhatai. As their shape was kind of long rectangular, something like a small log. But then I was told that it is chocolate nankhatai and I was so surprised to hear that nankhatai also came in flavors.
Well since then I was in love with these beauties and always wanted to make them. But some how I could not. This time when my article was featured in Britain’s no 1 Asian newspaper. I wanted to celebrate my success with preparing something sweet. So what better I could think of then make these scrumptious Chocolate cookies/ chocolate nankhatai.
In fact at my place me and my kids are chocolate lovers, so it was but obvious that we will finish these tempting chocolate cookies. But the surprise was, that my husband loved it so much that he finished almost all of them. And on top of that he requested to make them but this time on a large scale.
Here is my recipe of Chocolate Cookies/ Chocolate Nankhatai.
You may also like
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectionery sugar
- 1 and half tbsp coco powder
- 1/2 cup ghee ( clarified butter )
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- milk as required for kneading
- 1 tbsp butter
- pistachios chopped for garnishing
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE COOKIES :
- In a bowl sieve all purpose flour, cornstarch, coco powder and baking powder altogether.
- In another bowl add confectionery sugar and ghee.
- Mix well with the help of hand blender until the mixture turns fluffy and sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the flour mixture to the ghee mixture and mix well.
- Knead into a soft dough with the help of your hands. If needed add little milk to knead it well.
- Side by side pre heat oven to 170 degree C for 10 minutes. Line a baking tray with parchment sheet and grease it with butter. ( I directly greased the tray with butter as I did not have parchment sheet this time )
- Divide the dough into equal parts.
- Now roll each into a ball and place them on the tray and press lightly . ( make sure you keep distance in between them )
- Place pistachios on top of each cookie/ nankhatai.
- Bake the chocolate cookies / chocolate nankhatais at 170 degree C for 16- 17 minutes.
- Transfer them to rack and let it cool completely.
- Once cooled, serve or store them in an air tight container.
- I did not have parchment paper this time, so I just greased the tray and placed them on it leaving space in between.
- At first when the chocolate cookies are hot, they will appear soft, so do not worry later once they are completely cool, the chocolate cookies will turn crispy.
PREPARATION TIME :20 Minutes.
COOKING TIME: 20 Minutes.
TOTAL TIME : 40 -50 Minutes.
SERVES : 3-4 Persons.