Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta
Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta / spaghetti is one of the delicious, delectable and tempting recipe. Creating this pasta recipe was a very different experience as the main challenge here was I wanted to prepare a recipe with very less ingredients to enhance the flavor of my fresh shrimps.
Well I had fresh, No….! not fresh infact super fresh shrimp so thought of preparing something very different and special for my husband as he is very fond of shrimps and love its taste.
Previously I have made few dishes with shrimps such as Shrimps in Home made Schezwan sauce, Garlic Butter shrimps, Pan fried shrimps, Lemon shrimps, Prawn Biryani and so on. But this time I wanted to prepare something very different, a recipe that enhances the flavor of Shrimps. As we all know that fresh shrimps are more flavorful than frozen ones.
So thought to prepare one dish meal out of these fresh shrimps, Here is my experimental Recipe of Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta / spaghetti. You can even add any kind of pasta or macaroni, I have prepared with spaghetti but you can add angel hair pasta or flat pasta or any other kind of pasta of your choice.
You may also like my other Shrimp recipes
- 300 gms -400 gms Shrimps
- 150 gms spaghetti
- 2 tsp pepper powder
- 150 gms processed cheese grated
- 1-2 tsp red chilly flakes
- 1-2 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 onion
- 5-7 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 cup each red, green, yellow bell peppers
- 250 gms medium size shrimp
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 tsp parsley ( fresh or dried )
HOW TO CLEAN SHRIMPS :
CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW TO CLEAN SHRIMPS FOR PREPARING GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP PASTA
How to make Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta :
- In a large sauce pan or pot, add 3-4 cups of water with some salt and bring to a boil.
2. Cook pasta/ spaghetti till al dente or according to package instructions.
3. Once pasta/ spaghetti is al dente, drain well and keep aside.
4. Melt 2-3 tbsp butter and in a non stick pan.
5. Add shrimps, salt and 1 tsp freshly grounded pepper powder. Mix well.
6. Cook the shrimps for 1-2 minutes, flip the prawns and cook for a minute or two on medium to high flame. Transfer to a plate and keep aside.
7. In the same non stick pan or kadhai add butter and finely chopped or crushed garlic. Fry for a minute.
8. Now add 1/2 onion finely chopped and fry till translucent.
9. Add paprika powder and pepper powder. Mix well.
10. Add all the bell peppers, salt, vinegar and red chilly flakes.
11. Add the stock of shrimps, ( not the shrimps ) mix well and fry for a minute or 2.
12. Now add grated cheese and milk. Mix well and cook till the cheese melts and you get a creamy texture.
13. Sprinkle some more chilly flakes if needed , adjust salt.
14. Add 1/2 or 1 tsp pepper powder , mix well. Add prawns, sprinkle some dry or fresh chopped parsley and simmer for half a minute. Off the gas.
15. In a serving plate add some spaghetti and drizzle the prepared butter garlic cheesy shrimp gravy over it. Serve hot.
16. Or you can add the spaghetti/ pasta to the Butter garlic cheesy shrimp gravy, simmer for half a minute with shrimps and serve hot.
- You can add any kind of pasta such as fettuccine, fusilli , penne or macroni to prepare this recipe of Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta.
- You can even add angel hair pasta for this recipe Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta.
- Increase or decrease the number of paprika powder and chilly flakes as per your preference in Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta Recipe.
- You can add half Parmesan cheese and half proceeded cheese or you can even add alone processed cheese block.
- Do not over cook Prawns/shrimps as they will turn rubbery and hard.
- Prawns / shrimps should be soft when you have it and should look pinkish when you prepare it.
- If you are adding frozen prawns then make sure you thaw it before preparing Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta.
- For this recipe you can either take medium sized shrimps or big shrimps, both are fine for Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta Recipe.
- You can even add mixed herbs at the time when you add bell peppers and other ingredients.
How to Know when Shrimp are done cooking :
About the temperature I had read somewhere that “the shrimps should be cooked to a temperature 165 degree F”. But then I cannot comment on this as I never tried to measure it with thermometer while preparing the shrimps.
When the shrimps are properly and perfectly cooked, the outer colour looks pinkish and inner flesh seems a little white in colour.
When you peel the shrimps that time as obvious it is a bit curvy according to me but then you can straighten it, some call it as the shrimps are straight. But when you cook them and they form a C shape, then they are perfectly cooked and if then they curl up and form O then that means the shrimps are over cooked.
As far as my experience goes, I always make sure that I follow the shape theory, as it is the best and easiest way to find out that if the shrimps are perfectly cooked and not over cooked.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 – 15 Minutes.
COOKING TIME: 15 Minutes.
TOTAL TIME: 25 -30 Minutes.
SERVES: 2 -3 Persons.