Garlic Butter Shrimp
This is one of those recipes , in which you do not need to chop a lot of vegetables. In fact the shrimps cook really fast , they take just about 2-3 minutes to be done . If you do not want to add red , green and yellow bell pepper , do not add them,as it totally depends on your preference. In Fact you can add either one like green bell pepper or so, however you like it.
Here is my simple Garlic Butter Shrimp recipe.
- 250 -300 gms big shrimps / prawns ( peeled and deveined )
- 3 chilies crushed or chopped
- 1/8 tsp crushed black pepper powder
- 1/2 medium sized green capsicum
- 1/2 medium sized red capsicum
- 1/2 medium sized yellow capsicum
- 3-4 spring onions bulbs chopped into 2 pieces
- 3-4 stems of spring onion greens chopped
- 1/8 or 1/4 tsp freshly crushed black pepper
- 4 tbsp garlic finely chopped
- 50 gms butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt as per taste
- 1- 2 tbsp lemon juice
HOW TO COOK GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP
- Clean , devein , wash and drain big shrimps and marinate them with little salt and 1/8 tsp pepper powder for an hour.
- Chop red , green and yellow capsicum into thin long strips.
- In a pan add 3-4 tbsp butter and fry the marinated prawns on high flame for 2 -3 minutes.
- Side by side in another non stick pan, add olive oil and butter , add garlic and fry for a minute or two.
- Now add green chilies and spring onion bulbs too , fry for a minute.
- Add red , green , yellow bell pepper , salt and black pepper crushed.
- By this time if the water has dried up in the other pan in which prawns are being sauted , add to the other pan , adjust salt and black pepper if required and add lemon juice .
- Mix well and off the gas .
- But if the water has not dried up in the other pan in which prawns are being sauted , add all the prawns to the other pan except for a few of them .Once the water dries up , add to the other pan . Adjust salt , black pepper and lemon juice , mix well and off the gas.
- Serve these Garlic Butter Shrimp hot.
- Shrimps / Prawns should be soft when you have them ,so if you cook for too long then they may become hard , so best is cook only for few minutes.
- Increase or decrease the amount of black pepper as per your requirement.
- Increase or decrease the amount of green chilies as per your requirement.
- If you do not want to add red , green and yellow capsicum , do not add them .
- You can add only green capsicum chopped into long thin strips or cubed , whatever you prefer.
- If your shrimps / prawns are un peeled then click here how to clean them .
- If you want a little saucy Butter Garlic Shrimps then when you add butter fried prawns to other pan, keep about 1/4 cup water instead of completely drying them , add to the other , mix well and serve hot.
- This recipe includes How to saute Shrimp in butter