Lemon Shrimps ( Prawns ) are delectable and delicious whereas the taste is concerned . Not only the taste is lip smacking but the dish itself looks vibrant and appealing to the eyes.
I had this lemon shrimps ( prawns ) in one of the restaurant and it just caught my eyes, the taste was simply delicious and so if the taste is tongue tickling then I have to try at home . In fact I have posted Lemon chicken too , some days back , a variation of this Recipe ( click here for the recipe ) . You may like it if you are chicken lover too.
You may also like my other amazing shrimp recipes
- 300 -350 gms big shrimps (prawns)
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1/8 tsp pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp vinegar
- green color (optional )
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- 1 and half cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 – 3 tbsp vinegar
- 3-4 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tsp green sauce
- 1 small tsp sugar
- 2-3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 medium sized green capsicum
- 1 medium sized red capsicum
- 1 medium sized yellow capsicum
- 1 onion chopped into long thin strips
- 7-10 garlic finely chopped
- 3-4 green chilies
- pinch of food color ( green )
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 cup water
- Ajinomoto ( optional )
HOW TO MAKE LEMON SHRIMPS:
- Clean , wash and devein the shrimps and marinate for an hour with all the ingredients mention under “MARINATION ” section .
- In a food processor add coriander leaves and make a paste of it . ( add little water if needed )
- In a wok ,drizzle some oil and add finely chopped garlic in the oil and saute for a minute , add 1 chopped green chilly too and fry .
- Now add long thin strips of onions and fry for a minute , add salt , soya , green chilly sauce , vinegar , half lime juice .
- Add all the capsicum chopped into thin long strips and saute for half a minute .
- Add coriander paste , salt , rest of the lime juice , chopped green chilies ( the remaining left over chilies ) and sugar . Cook on high flame for a minute .
- Side by side in another wok or pan add butter and fry the marinated shrimps on high flame for 3-4 minutes or until the water has dried up completely. Off the gas .
- Mean while in a small bowl add 1/2 cup water , corn flour and green color , mix well and add to the gravy.
- Bring a boil and thicken the sauce , adjust lime juice , soya sauce , salt , vinegar if needed. ( I added here again soya , salt , lime juice and vinegar to balance the taste , but if you feel the taste is balanced so do not add more soya sauce , salt , lime juice , vinegar )
- Once the gravy thickens , add the shrimps ( prawns ) , mix well and saute for half a minute. Transfer Lemon Shrimps on a serving plate and serve hot.
- Increase or decrease the number of green chillies as per your preferences.
- Increase or decrease the number of tablespoon’s of soya sauce, chilly sauces, vinegar as per your preferences.
- I never add Ajinomoto salt in any of my Chinese dishes , because it is unhealthy , but if you want to add , it totally depends on you . Better If you avoid it.
- If you aren’t adding peeled shrimps then check how to clean the shrimps (prawns) ( click here for recipe )
PREPARATION TIME : 30 MINUTES APPROXIMATELY.
SERVES : 3 PERSONS.