French toast which I usually refer as meetha pav ( sweet bread slice) , its a bread slice dipped in the eggs and sugary milk batter , and then shallow fried it in claried butter/oil, topped with honey and cinnamon powder.
French toast are very easy to make and delicious too. They are specially served at breakfast time.
Here is the Recipe of French toast in my style.
You may also like these recipes
- 3/4 or 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 4- 5 tbsp sugar
- 6 bread slices
- Clarified butter ( ghee ) for frying
- Cinnamon powder
HOW TO MAKE FRENCH TOAST
- Take 3/4 cup warm milk add sugar and eggs , whisk continuosly for a smooth batter, keep aside so that if you hve added sugar crystals , it will get dissolved in warm milk.
- Now heat fry pan , add little ghee , dip each bread slices, in the batter ( whisk again before adding the bread slice ) now turn the bread slice and again dip the whole slice , coating both the sides sufficiently, place on the pan and fry until golden and crisp on both the sides. ( do flip at intervals so that you get a clear status of the slice)
- Fry in batches and Serve immediately, with sprinkled cinnamon powder and drizzled with honey.
- You can use fresh cream too instead of milk .
- You can use powdered sugar instead of regular ones.
- You can skip the last step if you want .
- You can add more sugar if you want , but 4 tbsp is more than enough if you prefer medium sweetness.
SERVES: 3 Persons.