Chicken sticks is a wonderful Recipe , in which chicken is marinated into spices,then cooked , weaved into sticks, then dipped into seasoned eggs , lastly rolled in breadcrumbs and shallow fried into golden brown & crisp from all sides.
Though the Recipe is such that one should directly weave , after the marinate procedure and then deep fry it, but I usually cook the chicken on high flame for few minutes so that the chicken is partially cooked and then when shallow fry, there they don’t remain undone. Though it totally depends on you if you want to deep fry or shallow fry, but I would advice shallow fry, as partially the chicken is cooked and so there is no point to deep fry it . ( if you go with my Recipe)
I love this Recipe as Chicken sticks are not only easy, simple , delicious but is less time consuming, crispy from outside and full of flavors inside, the best part is you do not need any kind of chutney or sauces to accompany it with, but if you wish to , the apt one is coriander and mint chutney.
250 gms Chicken boneless
1 and 1/2 tbsp soya sauce
1 and 1/2 tsp red kashmiri chilly powder
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1/8 tsp chaat masala
1/8 tsp pepper powder
1 and 1/2 tbsp green chilly paste
1 beaten egg with salt & pepper
1. Clean , chop the chicken into cube shaped, add salt, pepper, ginger garlic paste, soya sauce, red chilly powder, chat masala, green chilly paste and marinate for 2 -3 hours. ( though I have used coriander and green chilly chutney , as my hubby loves this raw coriander and green chutney so its always served in almost all our meals, but you can add green chilly paste, which ever is convenient for you )
2. In a pan, add the marinate chicken and cook for just 5 minutes ( if its still watery , cook for 2 minutes more ) on high flame, so that the water dries up and the chicken is partially cooked.
3. Off the gas, let it cool. now weave 3 – 4 chicken cubes on each sticks.Dip the chicken stick in seasoned eggs, and then roll into bread crumbs.
4. Shallow fry them on low to medium flame until golden brown from all sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
5. Serve hot with coriander and mint chutney. ( Recipe by Zulekha Arafat )
- Coriander and green chilly chutney is just blend coriander bunch, 4- 5 green chilies, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds and 4 – 5 garlic peeled into a food processor.Here is raw coriander and green chilly chutney.
- Always take chicken breast for boneless .
PREPARATION TIME: 30 Minutes . ( extra time for marination)
SERVES: 2 Persons.