Chicken in Noodle Basket
Chicken In Noodles/ Noodle Basket is a recipe to be served when you crave for something really different and tasty too . In fact the look of this appetizer is so eye appealing that you can serve to your guests too , trust me they will be pretty impressed as it not only looks impressive but is delicious and delectable too in terms of taste.
Chicken In Noodles/ Noodle Basket was first introduced to me 15-17 years back , when I was gazing a channel and there happened to show this kind of something innovative appetizer. I was so impressed that I jotted down the recipe. As I do not remember whose show it was neither did I write whose recipe it was , so it very difficult to share the name. But yes the technique of making the noodle basket. I learned from there and the rest chicken starter recipe is by me. Here is my Recipe of Chicken In Noodles/ Noodle Basket.
- 250 gms boneless chicken
- 8-10 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 1 -2 nos green chilly
- 2 tbsp schezwan
- 2-3 tbsp soya
- 1 vingear
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cornflour in 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tsp chilly sauce
- 1 tsp green chilly sauce
- 1/2 cup Spring onions ( greens )
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper chopped into cube shape
- 1/2 cup green Capsicum chopped into cube shape
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper chopped into cube shape
- few florets of broccoli ( optional )
- 1/8 tsp pepper powder
- spring onions ( bulbs ) chopped into two pieces
- oil / butter
- 1/2 packet of hakka noodles
INGREDIENTS FOR MARINATION:
- 2-3 soya sauce
- 1 tsp green chilly sauce
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- Clean , wash and chop chicken into thick pieces and marinate with the ingredients mentioned under ” INGREDIENTS FOR MARINATION ‘ section for 1-2 hour .
- Boil adequate water with salt and add half packet of hakka noodles.
- Boil until al dente , drain the noodles and keep on strainer until you prepare the basket. ( basket recipe below )
- In a non stick pan or wok , drizzle little oil or 2 tbsp butter and saute chicken on high flame until the juice has dried up .
- Drain and transfer into a dish and keep aside .
- Now in the same wok or nonstick deep pan , add little oil if needed and add chopped ginger , green chilly and garlic .
- Fry for a minute or two , add onions ( bulbs ) and fry for a minute again . ( Recipe by Zulekha Arafat)
- Now add schezwan chutney , salt , pepper , vinegar , soya sauce , red chilly sauce , green chilly sauce , and sugar .
- In a small bowl , dilute cornflour in water and add to the gravy .
- Once the gravy starts to thickens , add chicken , broccoli and all 3 coloured bell peppers . Adjust the seasonings like salt and pepper and adjust the sauces too if needed .
- Mix well and once the gravy thickens , turn of the gas.
- Transfer the chicken gravy to the noodles basket and serve hot.
HOW TO MAKE NOODLE BASKET:
- Heat oil in deep pan , sprinkle some dry cornflour on the boiled noodles, now on a spider spoon skimmer ( the deep spoon by which we lift and drain fry items ) , place the noodles all over it upto the edges again sprinkle some cornflour on the noodles .
- Now place another smaller spider spoon basket and place it carefully in the hot oil.
- Initial few minutes keep pressing the above smaller spider spoon basket to get that basket ( deep katori shape ).
- Fry until the noodles turn into light golden color and is crisp.
- Drain on an absorbent paper , try to loosen the edges of crisp basket carefully with the help of knife .