Mexican Stuffed Bell Peppers
If you are following any kind of diet , say for example , ketogenic diet , then this is an apt ” Recipe ” for you . Do not add rice , rest the recipe is keto complaint.
Here is my recipe of Mexican stuffed Bell Peppers.
- 1/2 kg chicken / mutton mince
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 3-4 red and green capsicum
- 170 gms tomatoes
- 2-3 whole green chillies
- 1 cup cooked basmati rice
- 1 cups cheddar cheese ( britania )
- 4 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 1-2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 200 gms enchilada sauce
- 180 gms tomato paste
- Grill the whole green chilies on gas or in oven until black spots appear .
- Let it rest for sometime , remove the skin and chop roughly.
- Blanch , peel and roughly chop the tomatoes.
- In a pan , add the chopped tomatoes with the chopped green chilies and cook for 15 -20 minutes.Turn off the gas.
- Add 2 tbsp lemon juice and keep aside.
- Side by side in another pan , add chicken mince with salt , onion and garlic .
- Add red chilly powder , cumin powder and above prepared diced tomatoes .
- Cook until the chicken mince is completely done , add half of enchilada sauce and simmer for 2-4 minutes. Adjust the seasonings , off the gas , and add the cooked rice , mix well .
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees , wash the bell peppers and cut them into half from top to bottom and de seed them.
- Fill each halve peppers with the prepared rice mixture, top with remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle some cheese.
- Grease a baking dish , place the peppers and bake un covered for 30 minutes or until the peppers are cooked .
- Top each baked pepper with jalapenos ,chopped onions and chopped tomatoes and serve hot.
- Increase or decrease the amount of red chilly powder as per your preferences .
- You can use home made Enchilada sauce or store bought with Mexican Stuffed Bell Peppers, both are fine.
- For home made Enchilada Sauce , click here for the link
- Instead of Basmati rice add brown basmati rice for more healthier version.
- An apt recipe for Keto diet followers. (just do not add basmati rice , rest follow the same procedure)
COOKING TIME : 1 hour 20 minutes approximately.
SERVES : 4 Persons.