The most delicious and the most popular dessert in India is Gajar halwa, originated from the North and is served hot during winters. Anyways i enjoy Gajar ka halwa hot and with less ghee/ clarified butter. Here is gajar ka halwa recipe made with sweetened condensed milk , easy and quicker method to have gajar ka halwa.
You may also like following recipes
- 1/2 kg carrots
- 2-3 tbsp ghee/ clarified butter
- 2-3 green cardamoms crushed
- 140 – 150 gms sweetened condensed milk
- sugar if required- optional
- 3- 4 almonds sliced
- 5-6 raisins
- 4-5 cashews
HOW TO MAKE GAJAR KA HALWA
- Peel , rinse and grate the carrots with a grater.
- In kadhai or thick bottomed pan heat ghee, add grated carrots.
- Saute the carrots till they turn soft and are cooked properly , keep stirring at intervals till they become tender.
- Now add condensed milk , saute well and add cardamom powder, cashews , almonds and rasins.
- Simmer the halwa on low flame , stir it occasionally till the mixture reduces.
- Serve Gajar Halwa hot
NOTE: If you feel sweetness is less then add little sugar, as i prefer less
PREPARATION TIME: 20- 25 Minutes.
SERVES: 3 Persons.