Hot Garlic Chicken / Potatoes
Hot Garlic Chicken / potatoes are just truly amazing with its strong aroma of honey, garlic and sauces,the perfect blend gives it a balanced taste which is outstanding… I have no words how to appreciate this recipe as its one of the best one , easy and lip smacking…..In fact I am not able to decide that which tastes better Hot Garlic Chicken or Hot Garlic Potatoes…..
Its a must try Recipe veg/ non veg ( chicken) , If you are a die heart foodie then I am sure you will love it and would be confused like me that which one has an edge over the other…If you able to find an answer , please do let me know…… Does Hot Garlic chicken tastes outstanding and better , than Hot Garlic Potatoes ? or is it vise verse …
You may also like my following recipes
For Video recipes Join my youtube channel by clicking here
- 250 gms chicken
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp oriental salt
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1/2 Capsicum chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 -3 tbsp chilly sauce
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1/2 or 1 tsp paprika powder or chilly flakes
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cornstarch paste ( cornflour)
- ( 1 tsp cornflour in 3 tbsp water)
- chicken stalk 5 – 6 tbsp
- sesame seeds for garnishing
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
HOW TO MAKE HOT GARLIC CHICKEN / POTATOES
1. Clean ,wash and cut chicken into thin long strips and marinate with salt, red chili powder, oriental salt and pepper powder for 2-3 hours.
2. In a kadhai heat sufficient oil , roll or dust cornflour on each chicken piece one by one , or mix cornflour directly to the chicken mixtue and deep fry the chicken fingers until golden and crispy on low to medium flame. Drain on an absorbent paper.
3.In a pan, add 1 tbsp oil, add chopped garlic, saute for few seconds, add tomato ketchup, chilly sauce, soya sauce, honey, cornflour paste, chicken stalk (3/4 cup water) , salt and pepper, fry for 2 – 3 seconds.
4. Add the fried chicken to the mixture, mix well and remove from fire.
5. Place in a serving dish, garnish with sesame seeds and capsicum, serve immediately.
- If you do not have chicken stalk, add 3/4 cup water.
- increase or decrease the number of chilly sauce as per your preferences
PREPARATION TIME: 20 Minutes. ( extra time for marination)
SERVES: 2 Persons.
For Hot Garlic Potatoes
Peel 2 potatoes and chopped into fingers ( eg.like french fries) , sprinkle salt and cornstarch, ,mix well.
Now fry them like french fries, rest follow the above instructions from ( 3rd to 5th points )
NOTE: Instead chicken stock , use vegetable stalk and if you do not have vegetable stock than use water.
PREPARATION TIME: 20 Minutes.
SERVES: 2 Persons.