- 250 gms Chicken
- 4- 5 tbsp oyster sauce or houisin sauce
- 1/2 tsp grounded black pepper
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2-3 crushed green chillies
- olive oil / oil
For the Sauce:
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3-6 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup warm water
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN STEAKS AT HOME
1. Marinate boneless chicken in oyster sauce , freshly grounded pepper, soya sauce , vinegar, crushed green chillies for 1 -2 hours . ( Before marinating, make sure you slit the boneless and flatten it, so that it doesn’t be thick enough as when frying the outer chicken will be cooked where as the inner may remain uncooked )
2. In a pan, drizzle some olive oil and just pick up the chicken piece , ( preserve the marinade sauce for later use) and place on the pan . Cook on medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes .
- Do not over cook as the chicken steak will turn hard and while having. It may not give a juicy, moist and soft taste.
- Make sure that when you place the chicken steaks on the pan, shed all the sauce that is attached to it for later use, as the marination will do the trick and will give a good taste at this time too .
3. In between keep flipping as both the sides should be done .
4. Dry it completely, Remove the chicken from the pan and keep aside .
5. In the same pan, add little olive oil, few chopped garlic and chopped onion , once the onion turns translucent , now pour all the remaining sauce ( add 1/4 cup water to the bowl in which the chicken was marinated and pour it ) .
Saute for a minute or 2 . Once the sauce thickens , add the chicken , toss and place on the SIZZLER platter.
6. For sizzlers , heat the iron plate , for sometime or until it is too hot and then place 2-3 cabbage leaves . Place the chicken steaks with few french fries and serve hot .
- The recipe is of 250 gms boneless but the pic has 500 gms chicken boneless.
- Serve on sizzler plate or in dish with few french fries .
- Replace oyster sauce with hoisin sauce .
- You can add barbeque sauce too instead of hoisin sauce or oyster sauce .
- You can increase or decrease the amount of chilies as per your taste for spice.
- Do not chop into pieces as we need to make the steak
- You can try Chicken in barbecue sauce too click here for recipe