Chicken Drumsticks with Barbecue Sauce
Though here in this BBQ recipe , I have added just a few ingredients , but then no compromise with the taste. Chicken drumsticks is sauted in ginger , garlic and chillies and then is cooked in Bbq sauce.
- 1 kg chicken drumsticks
- 6 – 7 tbsp barbeque sauce ( ready made sauce )
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 -3 green chillies
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger finely chopped
- 6 – 7 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup water
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN IN BARBECUE SAUCE
1. Wash, clean and slit the drumsticks, marinate with salt and 1- 2 tsp red chilly powder , ginger garlic paste and keep aside for an hour .
2. Heat oil in a broad pan , add ginger , garlic and slitted green chilies , saute for a minute.
3. Now add drumbsticks, and fry for 3-4 minutes ,
4. Add barbecue sauce, pepper and salt , fry for a minute. Now add 1 cup of water , cover and cook on low flame until the sauce thickens and the chicken is completely done.
5. Serve these chicken drumsticks hot with fresh salad .
6. You can replace drumsticks with boneless thigh portion ( chicken ) .
- You can add potatoes too, Chop potatoes into thick strips, add salt and red chilly powder , deep fry them separately . Once the chicken is completely done and the gravy has thicken add the potatoes , mix well and serve hot .
- If the water has dried up but the chicken is yet to be done, add 1/2 or 3/4 cup of water , cover and cook until the chicken is completely done and the water has dried up too.
- You can skip the marination step if you running late, just make slits on drumsticks, add salt and keep aside until you sauce ginger , garlic and chillies, add the chicken to the pan and then follow the step from no- 3 to step no 5 .
PREPARATION TIME: 15- 20 Minutes.
LEVEL : Easy
SERVES : 2- 3 Persons