Lucknowi Chicken Korma
Lucknowi Chicken Korma is full of flavors and is delectable in taste . This lip smacking Recipe is just too amazing and has all the ingredients that you will find on your kitchen rack . As we all are aware of the Lucknow’s succulent and delicious dishes like Biryani ‘s , kebbabs , kormas , sheer mal , kofte and so on….. It is a must Recipe if you are a foodie by heart and love exploring new dishes .
Though me and my hubby , we both are by heart foodie person. So I keep on trying new recipes specially for him. Though I am not from Lucknow nor I have visited any time but just through some information and yes online recipes I picked up ideas and assumed that such would be the taste .
- 1 kg chicken ( 8 – 10 pieces )
- 2 -3 green cardamom
- 1 stick cinnamom stick
- 2-3 pepper corns
- 2-4 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 sliced onions
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/ 4 tsp garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- few strands of saffron
- 1 tsp Kewra water
HOW TO MAKE LUCKNOWI CHICKEN KORMA
- Clean and wash chicken thoroughly and keep aside .
- In a food processor add little nut meg and mace and grind into powder and keep aside .
- Now in a pan or kadhai , drizzle some oil and add sliced onions . Fry till golden in colour , drain and blend with few drops of oil in food processor .
- In the same pan , add some more oil if needed and add all whole spices , let it splutter , add chicken pieces and fry for 4-5 minutes on high flame . Remove the chicken pieces , transfer in another plate and keep aside .
- Add ginger garlic paste in the same kadhai or pan and fry until raw smell disappears .
- Now add salt , turmeric powder , coriander powder , chilly powder and roast the masala . Add little water and roast the masala until the oil separates .
- Add onion paste and yogurt and roast for a while .
- Now add chicken pieces back again in the same pot , cover and cook on low flame until the pieces are tender . ( if need water add 1/2 or 1 cup water depending on your requirement )
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp net meg and mace powder , kewra water , garam masala powder and saffron . Simmer for 4-7 minutes , off the gas .
- Serve Lucknowi Chicken Korma hot with phulka/roti or parantha.
- You can add 1/4 tsp nut meg powder and 1/4 tsp mace powder if you have instead of grinding it .
- In this Lucknowi Chicken Korma recipe, You can replace mutton with chicken. Procedure is same just that add boiled mutton pieces after the masala is roasted.
You may also like my other recipes
COOKING TIME : 45 -50 Minutes .