Green Foil Chicken
GREEN FOIL CHICKEN is one of my those recipe where I kept on adding ingredients and it turned out to be really tasty. Infact I was making my Green Chicken Recipe ( gravy ) which I thought I shall make it dry but then kept on adding more ingredients to the original recipe and the results were super awesome. My Green Foil Chicken is delectable, delicious and scrumptious in taste, do try it , its a thumbs up recipe.
Green Foil Chicken , the freshness of coriander and mint assorted with spices and nuts, gives a royal taste to Green Foil Chicken , it is named as GREEN FOIL CHICKEN because of the obvious reason and that is its Rich, vibrant and attractive GREEN colour , and the way its being served in foil papers . Here is my recipe of Green chicken , without much ado.
You may also like my following recipes
- 1 kg chicken with bones
- 3 tbsp ginger garlic
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- pinch of green colour ( optional )
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- 5 – 6 Crushed Garlic
- 2-3 tbsp ghee/ oil
- 1/8 tsp cumin seeds ( roasted and crushed )
- 100 gms cashew nuts ( kaju )
- 1 full bunch coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 4 – 5 green chilies
- 1/4 cup water
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS :
- 6 -7 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup curd
- 2-3 tbsp fresh cream
- Foil paper
HOW TO MAKE GREEN FOIL CHICKEN
- Clean and wash chicken, prick all over with knife and apply vinegar, salt, ginger garlic paste all over the chicken properly and marinate for half an hour to one hour before preparing the chicken.
- Place the marinated chicken ( with the marinate juice ) into large pot , pour water , add green colour ( optional ) and cook for 10-15 minutes till tender.
- Grind the nut paste in a food processor and make a fine paste.
- Heat ghee/oil in a thick bottom pan, add crushed garlic , fry till light brown.
- Add nut paste and fry for sometime, add beaten curd and saute for a minute or two.
- Now add chicken ,salt and saute for a minute.
- Add fresh cream , mix well ,sprinkle cumin powder and cook until gravy turns thick , remove from fire.
- Mean while the chicken is being ready , cut the foil paper into medium square 8-10 pieces and keep aside.
- Once the chicken is ready , take each foil paper , place one chicken piece with adequate amount of masala with it and top it with 1 tbsp mayonnaise . Wrap and keep aside . Take another piece of foil paper and repeat the same procedure until all the pieces are done.
- Serve hot .
- You can add more green chillies if you want more spice , for less spice reduce the number of chillies .
- You can add mayonnaise at the time when you off the gas , mix well . Place each piece of chicken in each foil square piece with adequate amount of masala and wrap . Repeat with each chicken pieces until all done.
- You can prepare this Green foil chicken before serving time and keep aside . When you want to serve , warm the chicken pieces in microwave or warm by boiling method. Boil water in a large vessel , keep strainer and place few green foil chicken pieces with foil on it and cover it with large deep vessel and cook for 5-7 minutes .Remove the foil chicken pieces from the strainer , and place the rest of the foil chicken pieces , cook for 5-7 minutes. Once all the chicken pieces are done , serve hot.
- You can even prepare this recipe with chicken pieces or only drumsticks, which ever pieces you prefer.