Keema samosa is best when made with beef. In fact during the holy month RAMADAN one will find these samosa ‘s on the street of Mohammed Ali road ,in Mumbai ( India ) and many other such places ,in fact other dishes are also being served during this holy month. I use lamb mince, as have been having it since child hood, the wrappers in which mince mutton is stuffed are ready made , the other one is frozen patti (wrappers) , and can be use for long time if kept in cool dry place and the last way is to make the pur ( wrappers) at home with refined flour , but to save time now a days people use ready made wrappers . Here is the crispy keema samosa recipe. A non vegetarian dish where keema is tossed and cooked properly in spices and garnish with spring onions for that much deserved flavor
You may also like following recipes
- 250 gms lamb mince
- 1 and 1/2 tsp -2tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 -3 chopped green chilies
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander seeds( Roast and crush it )
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- Half bunch spring onions chopped( Greens and blubs both )
- 1 small sized onion finely chopped
- Flour paste (3 tbsp flour mixed in 2 tbsp water )
- 1 Packet of samosa patti ( ready made )
HOW TO MAKE MUTTON KEEMA SAMOSA
- Wash and drain keema , now in a pan add keema , salt , turmeric powder , ginger garlic paste , green chillies , cumin seeds , coriander powder , red chilli powder, and cook until completely done.
- Dry keema on high flame so that no excess water remains.
- Add cumin powder , garam masala , let it come to room temperature and add crushed coriander seeds , coriander leaves , onion and spring onions. mix everything well.
- Now stuff keema as shown in the video and pics.
- Add keema in the wrappers and roll into triangle shape .
- Paste the edges with flour mixture and deep fry on low flame until golden and crispy.
- Instead of mutton mince , you can use chicken mince.
- If using chicken mince then add 1 tbsp clarified butter and then add chicken mince and rest of the spices.
- I dint add any oil or butter because the keema which I used was full of fats ( charbi ) If the keema you using is without fat then add 1 tbsp clarified butter and then add mutton mince and rest of the spices
- Adjust the red chilly powder and green chilies according to your preferences in mutton keema samosa.
PREPARATION TIME : 40 – 50 Minutes.
SERVES: 3 – 4 Persons.