Chilli Chicken Restaurant Style
Chilli Chicken is a lip smacking spicy & one of the most loved Chinese starter. Basically its a Chinese cuisine but tossed in an Indian style, as we add some more ingredients to make it tastier. I simply crave on odd days for chilly Chicken dry as its one of my most favorite dish from my list of awesome food. There are few restaurants which serves best chicken chilly dry but some how I feel dehydrated because of the amount of MSG they use, instead I prefer home cooked. Chilli Chicken is also a hit Ramadan Recipe.
Here is my Chilli Chicken dry recipe.
You may also like following recipes
- 500 gms Boneless chicken cut into fingers
- 2-3 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp cornflour/corn starch
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour ( maida)
- ½ tsp black pepper freshly crushed
- 1 egg
- salt to taste
- 3-4 tbsp dark soya sauce
- 2 tbsp red/green chilly chilli sauce ( optional)
- 1 -2 tbsp vinegar
- Salt as per taste
- 6-8 green chilies slitted or chopped finely
- 10-12 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 onions finely chopped or spring onions bulbs ( white)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 green capsicum chopped into thick strips
- 1/2 cup Chicken stocks
- 1/2 tsp cornflour
- 2-3 stems of spring onions green finely chopped
HOW TO MAKE CHILLI CHICKEN
- Marinate chicken pieces by adding ingredients mentioned under ” Marination section ” such as salt, black pepper, soya sauce & keep aside for half an hour or one hour.
- Just before deep frying the chicken add egg, cornflour, all purpose flour (maida) mix everything well .
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadhai & drop few chicken pieces in hot oil and deep fry chicken pieces till its golden in colour. Drain & keep aside.
- Fry chicken pieces in batches on slow to medium flame until all done.
- Now in another wok , heat oil & add garlic, fry for some time. Add green chillies & continue to sauté.
- Add onions or spring onions white chopped into halves or thick pieces & fry for a minute or two.
- Now add dark soya sauce , vinegar, red/ green chilli sauce ( optional) , salt ,sugar & stir. Blend the 1/2 tbsp cornflour in the chicken stock OR plain water, Add blended cornflour & mix, boil it for a minute, Now add fried chicken pieces & green capsicum to the wok & toss until everything thickens.
- You can either add 2 green capsicum or 1/2 red and yellow bell peppers and 1 green capsicum chopped into cube shape or all chopped into thin strips.
- Adjust the sauces if you feel the need to add soya sauce, vinegar and other sauces.
- Serve Chilli Chicken immediately . If in case you want gravy add some more stock & bring to a boil.
- Cornflour that you add during the time, when you saute the sauces, make sure its just 1/2 tbsp, as the purpose here of adding cornflour is to make chicken chilly dry where the saute sauces just sticks to the chicken to give that extra much added flavor to the dish , and not look like a full fledged gravy .
- You can add very thickly chopped onions or finely chopped in Chilli Chicken. That totally depends on you, I make both the ways, as both the ways are just perfectly fine.
- You can add 1/2 yellow capsicum, 1/2 red capsicum and 1 medium green capsicum chopped into cube shaped or finely thin long strips.
- I at times do not add red chilly sauce nor green chilly sauce as the spice is with green chilies but if you want can add it.
- You can either add only green capsicum or all 3 bell peppers, that totally depends on you.
- If you do not have chicken stock then you can use plain water.
PREPARATION TIME: 20- 25 Minutes.
SERVES: 4 Persons.