Arabic Biryani is delicious, palatable, irresistible, and one of a kind in which , tomato sauce is prepared to serve with Arabic Biryani. Let me tell you the whole set up like having the Biryani with flavorful homemade tomato sauce is simply outstanding. I am sure you gonna drool over it.
Tomato sauce is a less spicy or non spicy sauce,( here you can adjust the hotness as per your preferences though) in which garlic and chilies added to give that much needed flavor to this unique Biryani.
Arabic Biryani is simply outstanding with very aromatic flavored rice, served with home made tomato sauce. Hope you all like this palatable and lip smacking recipe.
You may also like these recipes
- 1 kg chicken drumsticks
- 2 and 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 6 – 7 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup or more grated homemade paneer
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1 beetroot
- 1 -2 carrots
- 1 cucumber
- 2 -3 green chilies
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 6 – 7 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 5-6 tomatoes
- 2 -3 green chilies
- 4 -5 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
HOW TO MAKE ARABIC BIRYANI
1. Wash, clean and slit the drumsticks, marinate with salt and 1- 2 tsp red chilly powder , ginger garlic paste and keep aside for an hour .
2. Wash rice 2 – 3 times , soak in water for half an hour.
3. In a pressure cooker add tomatoes, with 3 -4 cups of water and pressure it till 3 whistles. Once it cools down, open the lid , remove the skin and blend it with hand blender ( not in a food processor )
4. Heat oil in a broad deep pan, add ginger , garlic and slitted green chilies , saute for a minute.
5. Now add drumsticks, and roast it for 10 – 15 minutes,
6. Chop potatoes into thick strips, add salt, sprinkles some red chilly powder and deep fry them separately .
7. Add barbecue sauce, potatoes , pepper and salt , fry for a minute and remove from fire.
8. In the same wok, add little oil if needed , bring to a boil 4 and half cups of water, add salt and cook the rice in the same left over saute barbecue sauce on high flame, slow down the gas once half water has dried up.
9. By the time, rice is being cooked, peel cucumber, beet root and carrots , chop into thick long strips , add salt and pepper , keep aside.
10. Once the rice s almost done, start the layering , add the grated paneer evenly on the cooked rice.
11. Then place the cucumber, carrots and beetroot all over it.
12. Now here comes the layer of boiled sliced eggs sprinkles with salt and pepper , ( though I boiled and kept separately to decorate the Saudi biryani) and last but not the least place the drumsticks with potatoes,
13. Cover the lid keeping napkin in between , place a heavy weight on the lid and keep on dum for 15 minutes. ( You can Keep hot tawa/ griddle under the pan to avoid sticking at the bottom )
1. In a pan, heat oil, add cumin seeds, let it splutter.
2. Add crushed garlic and green chilies , saute for a minute.
3. Now add crushed tomatoes and salt.
4. Cover and cook until it turns into a thick gravy. Serve hot with Arabic Biryani
- Add green chilies and red chilly powder as per your preference.
- Do not grind tomatoes in food processor , use hand blender for better results.
- Add homemade paneer for good results.
PREPARATION TIME : Approximately 1 Hour.
SERVES: 4 Persons.