Lauki ka Halwa
Lauki ka Halwa / Doodhi Halwa is sweet indian dessert is made of lauki which is also known as doodhi is cooked with milk and sugar unless it gives good consistency to form into halwa. Then its topped with slivered almonds and pistachios.
This is my 100th post on my blog so thought lets make something sweet a dessert with a twist. So thought of making my own Indain sweet dish that is Lauki halwa but with a twist hope you all like it.
Here I am sharing a variation of Lauki halwa which is my creation, and have proudly named it as choco lauki shots though you can replace dairy milk to dark chocolate, nutrella, chocolate syrup or any other chocolate you want. I loved chocolate Lauki halwa with dairy milk. It simply tastes yummmm.
I am really happy and proudly present you my 100th recipe. LAUKI HALWA/ CHOCO LAUKI HALWA.
You may also like
- 2 cups grated bottle gourd ( doodhi / lauki )
- 2 cups milk
- 2- 3 tbsp ghee
- Green color
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom
- few almonds and pistachios slivers
- 4 – 5 sugar approximately
- 1 small chocolate ( dairy milk )- for choco lauki shots
HOW TO MAKE LAUKI KA HALWA
1. Peel bottle gourd , chop into two pieces from center and grate it.
2. Heat ghee in non stick pan, add grated lauki ( bottle gourd) and saute until doodhi becomes soft.
3. On the other hand, in a warm 1/2 cup of milk add sugar and pinch of green food colour, mix well , keep aside.
4. Add rest of the remaining milk and cardamom powder and cook until almost dry stirring at intervals. ( this will take 20 – 30 minutes )
5. Now add that 1/2 cup of sugared and coloured milk , mix well and adjust the sweetness.
6. Let it simmer for 12 – 15 minutes until the halwa is completely dry.
7. If you feel the consistency is right and the milk has evaporated giving a thick consistency, off the gas.
8. Empty the halwa in a mould and place a silver varq on it.
9. Decorate it with few slivered almonds and pistachios.
FOR CHOCOLATE LAUKI SHOTS:
1. Prepare the halwa as directed above, from 1 to 7 step, let it come on room temperature. Heat water in a vessel and off the gas once the water has boiled now place a strainer lid, unwrap the chocolate and place it on strainer, keep the chocolate on the lid for 5 minutes. ( by now the chocolate will melt)
2. Once the chocolate has melt, grease your palms with ghee, take a small portion of lauki halwa and make a round ball.
3. Now flatten it and place 1/2 tsp melted chocolate in the middle of halwa.
4. Now try to form it into a small ball as shown in the picture.
5. Make the remaining chocolate lauki shots, decorate it with small silver varq and top it with slivered almonds and pistachios.
- Chandi varq ( silver varq) is so delicate that when you make small pieces for choco lauki shots, it tends to stick to your fingers, so do not worry if you don’t get uniform pieces.
- You can directly add sugar and green food colour to halwa when the milk is almost dried up instead of separately preparing mixture in milk.
- For lauki halwa you can set it in mould evenly without any lumps giving it a flat finish on the surface, then place a varq on it , and lastly top it with slivered almonds and pistachios
- You can add chocolate, nutrella,, chocolate syrup which ever you want to for the filling of choco Lauki shots.
PREPARATION TIME: 35 – 40 Minutes ( more 15 minutes for chocolate lauki halwa)
SERVES: 3 – 4 Persons.