Indian Chicken Curry is one of the delicious basic gravy/ curry/ shorba which is made of ingredients present on your kitchen shelf. In fact this is one of the most quick, easy recipe of mine which I have never updated on my blog. But recently I got few request to update easy, simply, quick Chicken gravy/curry. So here is my recipe of Indian chicken curry.
Basically we call it Chicken shorba/ chicken ka salan, every one have their own name to call it. Chicken curry is made almost everywhere all over the World. Here is my easy and quick recipe of delicious Chicken shorba/ chicken curry/chicken ka salaan.
- 1 kg chicken with bones ( 10-12 pieces)
- 2 -3 bay leaves
- 5-6 cloves
- 1 -2 small sticks of cinnamon
- 2-3 green cardamom
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 5-6 pepper corns
- 1 star anise
- 1-2 big cardamom
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 finely chopped green chillies ( optional )
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp red chilly powder ( Kashmiri powder)
- 1//2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- coriander for garnishing
- oil/ olive oil
INGREDIENTS FOR MARINATION :
1 tsp red chilly powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp garam masala
HOW TO MAKE INDIAN CHICKEN CURRY
- Clean, wash and marinate chicken pieces with salt, 1 tsp red chilly powder and lemon juice for about half an hour.
- In a thick bottomed pan, drizzle some oil and add all whole spices such as cardamom, cinnamon, cumin seeds, cloves, pepper corns, bay leaves and let it splutter.
- Now add finely chopped onions and fry until golden in colour ( not too dark ).
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell disappears.
- Add chopped tomatoes, cover and cook on low flame until half the juice has dried up.
- Add salt, red chilly powder, coriander powder, chopped green chilies (optional ) and roast for a minute.
- Now add chicken and mix well.
- Cook on slow flame until the oil separates.
- Now add 1 cup water , sprinkle some garam masala powder.
- Cover and cook on slow flame until chicken is completely done.
- Once the chicken is done, off the gas and garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with zeera rice or chapatis/ phulkas.
- Increase or decrease the no of chilly powder as per your preferences in my Indian Chicken Curry recipe.
- As adding of green chilly is optional so if you do not want to add it, skip it.
- Well, I do add potatoes too at times, if you want you can add too, just peel 1-2 potatoes and chop each into 4 pieces. Wash and add at the time when you add chicken pieces. Follow the same procedure as mentioned above and cook until the potatoes are done.
- For more good recipe of chicken such as Lucknowi Chicken korma click here & Achaari chicken click here