Chana Masala in Butter known as brown chickpeas are sauted with onions and tomatoes in butter or clarified butter with minimal spices. Though you can have it in breakfast or even serve as a snack too.
Brown chickpeas are good source of proteins, and if added with whole grain , they produce protiien that is compared to meat, without high calories or fats. Brown chcikepeas have a long list of health benefits.
Thats the reason sometimes I serve Chana Masala during breakfast and sometimes at evening as snack, be it any time the benefits remains same that is good in proteins.
You may also like following recipes
- 1 and 1/2 – 2 cups brown chickpeas
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- 1 finely chopped green chilly
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- coriander leaves for garnishing
- clarified butter/ butter
- lemon wedges
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped raw mangoes ( optional)
HOW TO MAKE CHANA MASALA:
- Soak kala chana ( brown chickpeas) , in water a night previous, next day boil the chana in pressure cooker with adequate water and little salt.
- In a pan heat ghee , add 1 finely chopped onions,saute for half a minute , now add 1 finely chopped tomato, 1 finely chopped green chilly and saute for a minute or 2 by adding salt and 1 tsp red chilly powder .
- Lastly add chana ( brown chick peas) and simmer again for a minute or 2. Turn off the gas, sprinkle coriander leaves.
- Serve in a bowl with raw lemons or add 1 tbsp lemon squeezed on it.
- This Chana Masala recipe is for breakfast but if you want to have for evening snack, add butter instead of ghee and at the time of squeezing lemon add few finely chopped raw mangoes which is used in pickle.
- You can use green chickpeas too, if you making for evening snack, recipe is the same as above.
- Adjust the chilies, as per your preferences . ( be it red or green chilly)
- For more chatpata taste sprinkle chaat masala, if you not adding raw Finley chopped mango.
SERVES: 2 Persons.