Chicken wraps are super tempting and delicious , in this recipe I have marinated the chicken and then fried with just few drops of olive oil and rolled in a wrap with lettuce and mayonnaise. In fact in this recipe I have not made the wraps with any kind of dough , instead I have replaced them with eggs and trust me the outcome was really delicious .
You can not only make these scrumptious chicken wraps during your Keto diet , but can also have at any time in a day without thinking too much . In fact you can serve this lip smacking recipe to your guests too. Kids too will appreciate this healthy recipe .
If you are not following any kind of diet and you want to make these delicious and tempting wraps , you can add more of mayonnaise in each serving according to your taste . You can even add french fries in your wraps. Here is my recipe of Chicken wraps.
FOR MARINATION :
250 gms boneless chicken breast portion
1 -2 tsp red chilly powder
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 and half tbsp curd
OTHER INGREDIENTS :
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil/ coconut oil / butter/ clarified butter
1cup shredded lettuce leaves ( ice berg )
1 tbsp mayonnaise for each serving
5 eggs ( makes 4 wraps )
- Clean , wash and chop boneless into thick pieces and marinate it with all the ingredients mentioned under ” MARINATION ” section for about 3 -4 hours.
- Wash and drain lettuce leaves , chop into small pieces and keep aside.Now in a non stick pan , drizzle few drops of extra virgin olive oil / coconut oil / butter / clarified butter and fry these chicken pieces on high flame for about 4-5 minutes , flip and fry the other side too. Cook until it is completely done. Weave the chicken pieces on a skewer and grill them on gas by keeping them on tandoor grill plate , keep moving in circular motion for the chicken pieces to get charred ( make sure you baste the chicken pieces with butter before grilling directly on gas ) .when chicken cools down , remove from the skewers and roughly shred it.
- Weave the chicken pieces on skewers and baste with some butter .Grill chicken pieces in preheat oven for about 15 -20 minutes at 160 -180 degree C or until it’s done , make sure you grill the chicken slightly charred towards the end for about 2-3 minutes. ( Here also inbetween baste the chicken with butter )
- Now in a large bowl add all the eggs , beat well and season with salt .
- In a non stick fry pan drizzle few drops of virgin olive oil and pour 2 -3 big spoons of this beaten egg , fry both the sides properly and keep aside.
- Make 4 wraps out of this eggs mixture in any shape you want, be it circular or rectangular shape like mine.
- Now on a parchment sheet , place the egg wrap and in the centre of it add horizontally shredded chicken , few chopped lettuce and 1 tbsp mayonnaise.
- Roll it tightly and wrap it with parchment sheet , repeat for all the wraps . Serve hot .
- If you do not want to grill the chicken pieces on gas , you can skip that step.
- If you are not following keto diet and then too want to make these wraps then , increase the amount of red chilly powder as per your taste.