Thai Grilled Chicken (Keto Recipe)
Thai Grilled Peanut Chicken is a low carbs basically a Keto recipe for Ketogenic diet. You can make this recipe even if you aren’t on any diet. A lip smacking appetizer , in which the important ingredient is Peanut , well as the name says it all . You need to try this recipe to taste that delicious and tongue tickling Peanut Thai Grilled Chicken Drumstick.
Here is the recipe of Peanut Thai Grilled Chicken
- 1 kg chicken drumstick
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger , finely crushed
- 2-3 cloves , finely crushed
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soya sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/ 3 cup peanut butter ( creamy )
- 1/8 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 – 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil / coconut oil / butter clarified butter
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- Salt as per taste
HOW TO MAKE KETO RECIPE THAI GRILLED CHICKEN:
- In a food processor , add warm water , peanut butter , garlic and ginger and blend into a smooth paste.
- Pat dry chicken drumbsticks with the help of kitchen towel , and season them with salt and pepper and marinate for 1 hour.
- In a non stick pan , drizzle some extra virgin olive oil / coconut oil / butter / clarified butter , place these chicken drumsticks , pour the grounded sauce and fry for few minutes , flip and fry the other side too .
- Cook until the chicken leg pieces are completely done. ( make sure you keep pouring the marinade that is colleted at the side of the pan on the chicken at intervals )
- Grill the chicken in oven , grease the tray with olive oil and place the marinated chicken and pour the sauces over the chicken drumsticks and grill in preheat oven at 180 Degree C for 15 minutes , then flip the chicken and pour over the bottom marinade ( juice ) and grill at 180 Degree C until chicken is completely done.
- Serve hot with butter stir fried veggies.
- Adjust the spice as per your preferences.
- I added American Garden’s creamy Peanut butter , but you can add any of your choice.
PREPARATION TIME : 30 -40 minutes . ( Extra time for marination )
Serves : 4 -5 persons.
Nutritional value of Carbs for those who are following Keto diet:
- 1 kg chicken drumsticks – 0
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder – 0.71 g
- 1 tsp onion powder – 1.9g
- 1/2 tsp ginger , finely crushed – 0. 64 g
- 2-3 cloves , finely crushed – 1.98
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soya sauce – 1.36 g
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar – 0.1 g
- 1/ 3 cup peanut butter ( creamy ) – 16.65 g
- 1/8 tsp pepper powder – 0.17 g
- 2 – 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil – 0
- 1 tsp paprika powder – 1.17g
Total carbs per serving in one piece of drumstick is 3 or 4.
Butter Stir fry veggies:
1 cup thin long strips carrots
1 cup thin long strips green capsicum
1/2 cup thin long strips red and yellow capsicum
1 thin long strips onions
2-3 tbsp butter
salt and pepper
In a pan , add butter and stir fry all the veggies and season them with little salt and pepper.
Fry for 3-4 minutes and serve as a salad.