Creamy White Chicken
Creamy White Chicken is cooked separately and so is the gravy , which has cashew base , and then both combined to give a rich and aromatic flavor. You can prepare it in boneless chicken or with bones. I like both the ways but my boneless chicken has to be of leg thigh.
But trust me at least make this once and you will understand our exaggeration and over whelming response for this chicken recipe.
Here is my signature dish , which I am putting up on my blog almost after 2 years “Creamy White Chicken or Safed Murgha ” which my hubby named it.
- 1 kg chicken (with bones ) OR 500 gms – 600 gms (boneless )
- 50 gms cashews
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
- 2 large onions or 3 medium sized onions
- 3-4 green chilies
- 1/8 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/8 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste &
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste (Separately)
- 3-4 garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 cup ghee or 3tbsp butter
- Few crushed dry kasuri methi
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY WHITE CHICKEN
- Clean , wash and boil chicken with salt , 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste and 3-4 cups of water. Add 2 large whole onions too.
- Just in 5 mins remove the onions and let it cool .
- Grind the onions with cashews and chillies. (Add chillies as per your taste )
- Side by side In a kadhai add little butter/ghee and chopped garlic , fry for few seconds .
- add 2 tsp ginger garlic paste and fry until raw smell disappears,now add cashew and onions paste , fry for 5 minutes .
- Once the Chicken is done shred into thick pieces or keep chunks ,if you are preparing with boneless chicken. ( If you are preparing with bones then skip this step )
- Make sure you keep some Chicken stock too , the water in which you boiled chicken, do preserve it.
- Add the chicken with the stock to the gravy and cook for 5 minutes, adjust salt.
- Now add milk , and fresh cream, simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Add crushed dry kasuri methi, garam masala powder and cumin powder .
- Once the gravy is thick, turn off the gas and ,serve hot with paranthas , phulkas , and salads.
- My Jhatpat creamy white chicken / safed murgha is ready.
- Increase or decrease the chilies as per your preferences.
- You can add more cashews too.
- Adjust the fresh cream as per your preferences.
- I prefer leg thigh boneless if I prepare my creamy white chicken/ safed murgha.
- If your gravy is too thick and you want a bit semi thick gravy then , add 1/2 cup or 3/4 cup of hot water to the gravy , cook for 3-4 minutes , adjust salt and then turn off the gas.
PREPARATION TIME : 35 – 40 MINUTES APPROXIMATELY .
SERVES : 3-4 PERSONS.