Lemon Pickle has a sweet, sour, spicy taste. In short its one of the best nimbu achar, rest Lemon pickle has just sour taste but this has many flavors in it.
This Lemon Pickle doesn’t need any sunlight nor any specific time or season, in fact you can serve the mixture instantly when you make the achar. I start having this achar the moment its been made, as I cannot resist my self.
Though best when served after a week or 2 ( approximately 15 day) as it will give time to Lemons to be soft and the mixture gets thick day by day. Nimbu achar can be served with any Indian cuisine, be it with varieties of daal, or any kind of veggies, or khichdi or mutor pulao or veg pulao…this achar can be served with any desi dish.
- 3 Lemons
- 3 green chilies
- 1 tsp full heaped red chili flakes
- 3 lemon for juice
- 2- 3 tbsp sugar
HOW TO MAKE LEMON PICKLE:
1. Wash lemons and slit into four , make sure that you just slit it and not chop it fully.
2. Now remove the seeds and keep aside.
3. Wash and Slit the green chillies into four pieces and keep aside with lemons.
4. In a bowl add 3 lemon juice ( make sure you that you discard the seeds away) with salt , sugar and red chilli flakes, mix everything well.( add 2 tbsp sugar with rest of the ingredients, and let dissolve, taste the pickle and if you feel that the taste is int balanced then add 1tbsp sugar more as the proportion of lemon juice may differ according to the lemon sizes )
5. Once the sugar get dissolved, in a glass jar / bottle , add lemons and green chillies and then pour this lemon mixture onto it and close the jar lid.
6. Now shake the bottle and keep for a week so that lemons become soft and the mixture turns thick day by day.
- You can start serving from the time you serve but for best results wait for a week so that lemons get soft and the mixture becomes thick, but you can start having the gravy if you cannot resist yourself.
- You can increase or decrease the number of green chillies as per your taste.
- You can increase or decrease the quantity of red chilly as per your preferences.
- The quantity which I have taken here is according to my lemon juice, but it may differ in your case. Lemon sizes differ so one cannot get the exact proportion of sugar, so here you have to go with your instincts. Taste the pickle with fresh spoon ( washed and dried) and then add sugar accordingly.
- Use a fresh spoon ( washed and dried) do not use your existing spoon by which you having your food, that might ruin lemon pickle.
- This nimbu achar do not need any kind of sunlight nor any time or season, just you need to keep moving the achaar upside down or shake the jar.
- Lemon pickle does not need to be refrigerated, keep in a dry place.
You may also like
PREPARATION TIME: 15 Minutes. ( EXTRA 8 – 10 DAYS)