Green chicken, the freshness of coriander and mint assorted with spices and nuts, gives a royal taste to this Hariyali Chicken, it is named as GREEN CHICKEN because of the obvious reason and that is its Rich, vibrant and attractive GREEN colour. Here is my Recipe of Green chicken, without much ado…:)
500 gms chicken boneless or
1 kg chicken with bones
3 tbsp ginger garlic
2 tbsp Vinegar
1 cup water
salt to taste
5 – 6 Crushed Garlic
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 or 3/4 cup ghee/ oil
1/4 tsp cumin seeds ( roasted and crushed )
1/4 tsp Garam masala
Pinch of turmeric powder
100 gms cashew nuts ( kaju )
1 full bunch coriander leaves
1cup mint leaves
4 – 5 green chilies
1/4 cup water
- Wash chicken, ( if with bones then prick all over with knife) and apply vinegar, salt, ginger garlic paste all over and inside the chicken and marinate for half an hour before preparing the chicken.
- Place into large pot , pour water , add green colour ( optional ) and cook for 5 – 7 minutes till tender.
- Grind the nut paste in a food processor and make a fine paste.
- Heat ghee/oil in a thick bottom pan, add crushed garlic and cumin seeds, fry till light brown.
- Add nut paste and fry for sometime, add roasted cumin powder and garam masala powder.
- Now add chicken with stock and cook until gravy turns thick and ghee/oil separates, remove from fire.
- Serve hot with paratha or tandoori/ butter naan.
PREPARATION TIME: 30 Minutes ( extra time for marination )
SERVES: 4 Persons.