Onion rings are deep fried into flour and seasoning batter to get that crisp covering, One can never think that alone, without much ado ONIONS can taste so crisp and delicious…
1/2 Cup All purpose flour ( maida )
1/2 cup cornflour
1/4 tsp baking powder
50 ml amul fresh cream
1/2 tsp white/ black pepper powder
2 large Onion
Oil for frying
salt to taste
1. Place cornflour, maida, baking powder, salt, fresh cream,and pepper powder in a bowl and mix everything well to form a batter with desired water. ( batter should not be too thick nor too loose, the consistency of the batter should be like, it can hold the rings)
2. Remove the Onion skin, Slice them into 1 cm wide and separate the rings.
3. In a kadhai or deep bottomed pan heat oil, dip each onion rings into the batter properly one by one deep fry the onion rings on low flame until crisp and golden.
4. Repeat the process by frying few at a time in batches.
5. Drain on an absorbent paper and serve hot.
NOTE: You can make capsicum rings also in the same way.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 Minutes.
SERVES: 3 -4 Persons.