Chicken Cheese Kabab
Chicken Cheese Kebab/Croquettes are lip smacking , soft and cheesy from inside where as it has a crunchy covering outside and the best part is , that all the ingredients are such , that they easily available on your kitchen shelf.
Chicken Cheese Croquettes/ Kabab is an apt appetizer, for those who are looking out for quick, easy and cheesy evening snack. , in fact you can even freeze it for up to 2 weeks or more in a greased air tight container . You just need to remove from freezer , half n hour before frying.
- 100 -150 gms chicken boneless
- 2-3 medium sized boiled potatoes
- 3-4 green chillies
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 3/4 – 1 cup cheese grated
- 1 – 2 tbsp milk
- 1-2 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN CHEESE KEBAB
1. Clean, wash , and boil chicken with salt and ginger garlic paste in 2-3 cup of water. Once the chicken is boiled , shred and keep aside . (make sure you keep 2-3 tbsp stock )
2. In a large bowl add, shredded chicken with 2 tbsp stock , boiled potatoes roughly mashed , milk, chopped coriander leaves , salt and finely crushed or chopped green chillies, mix everything .
3. In another bowl beat eggs and keep aside .
4. Now start giving shape to chicken potato mixture, apply 1 tbsp oil on your palms, take a generous amount of chicken mixture and start forming a flat oval thick shape , place 2 tbsp shredded cheese in the middle and create a ” log” shape.
5. Dip each croquette first in egg mixture , then roll in bread crumbs and shallow fry few croquettes at a time in hot oil. Once the croquette turns crisp and golden in colour , flip and fry the other side too until they turn crisp and golden, drain and blot on paper towels.
6. Serve hot with any dip or sauce or any kind of chutneys.
- Increase or decrease the number of green chillies as per your preferences.
- You can even deep fry in hot oil , few at a time.
USEFUL TIP :
You can even store it for a week or 2 , follow the procedure till you roll them in bread crumbs , in an air tight container , place a transparent plastic sheet, grease it all over and place each croquette , keeping a safe distance . ( make sure they do not touch each other ) , place in freezer. Remove them half an hour before frying.
COOKING TIME: 40 – 45 Minutes.
SERVES: 3 – 4 Persons.