Methi Malai Chicken
Actually in Methi Malai Chicken, fenugreek leaves should be approximately 2 cups but as my hubby is not too keen to have methi bhaji, I always have to opt for 1 cup instead of 2, but at least I am happy that by adding it with chicken , he can not ignore methi, as it gives a scrumptious taste to the gravy.
I Love Methi Malai Chicken as incorporating green leafy vegetables is really essential in our daily diet and on top of that methi leaves are my favorite too, what better one can ask for ? An aromatic , creamy taste with such simple ingredients, makes our daily meals , very special. You got to make it, to believe it. So here is my Recipe of Methi Malai Chicken.
- 500 gms chicken ( with bones)
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 cups Fenugreek leaves
- 3-4 green chilies chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder ( increase or decrease the no of tsp as per your preferences)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper ( increase or decrease the no of tsp as per your preferences)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3-4 cloves
- 1-2 cardamoms
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 3-4 black pepper
- 6-7 blanched almonds
- 7-8 cashew nuts
- Salt as per taste
- Oil / ghee
HOW TO MAKE METHI MALAI CHICKEN CURRY
2. For the fenugreek leaves, remove the methi leaves from each stem, one by one , and wash it 3-4 times to get rid of any dirt. Drain and keep aside on sieve.
3. Remove the marinated chicken from the refrigerator. Grind almonds and cashews in a food processor by adding little water and keep aside.
4. In a kadhai , add little ghee and all the whole spices , fry for 1-2 minutes, add green chilies and fry for a minute again.
5. Now add the chicken, fry for 3-4 minutes on high flame, add cashew and almonds paste and fry again for a minute, now slow down the flame, cover and cook the chicken.
6. Until the chicken is being done, on the other side , in a fry pan drizzle some oil , add 1 chopped green chilies and chopped onions, fry until they turn brown in color.
7. Now add, fenugreek leaves, sprinkle some salt, turmeric powder ,coriander powder and fry on slow flame for 4-5 minutes.
8. Add this fenugreek masala to the chicken, add 1 cup of water to the same pan , stir and add to the chicken again ( this procedure is to ensure to add all the left over masala that has stuck to the pan)
9. Now add, pepper powder and garam masala powder, adjust salt and let it simmer on low flame until the chicken has done completely.
10. Add fresh cream, stir and serve hot Methi Malai Chicken with tandoori naan or chappati/ parantha with lemon wedges and raw onion rings.
- Add green chilies in this methi malai chicken recipe as per your preferences.
- I have added only one cup of fenugreek leaves as my hubby is not too fond of it, but best if you add 1 1/2 – 2 cups.
- I have added green chilies in both, while frying chicken and sauteing fenugreek (methi ) leaves , but if you do not wish to , just add in either of one, preferably in chicken.
- I have added 5-6 Green chilies, while stir frying the chicken as my family loves spicy and tasty food, if you wish, reduce the number as per your choice.
- I always marinate my chicken a night before preparing the dish, you can marinate for 3-4 hours or overnight , it totally depends on you.